Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Re: Fun on Friday?

Caterpillar update: Unfortunately the photos weren't good enough to post, but it was easily identifiable as an Elephant Hawk moth. The internet is very good for some things isn't it? Harmless and very beautiful when in moth form, but as you say Moli a very ugly caterpillar.

Edit to say: Kizzy must have brought it in, but it was unharmed thankfully.
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 08:37 PM

No such thing as a harmless moth . . . yuk, great fluttering hairy things . . . Currently surrounded by them here on the loggia in Italy

Today it's been hot and humid and overcast and we've just had a monster thunderstorm. Boys are asleep and I'm enjoying some PC time with my jazz spotify going and OH with his nose in a book (best place for it if you ask me).

Some children around the same age as my 2 have arrived tonight so both Sebi and Domi are excited about playing with their new chums tomorrow (already have done the intros).

I MISS MY ALLOTMENT (and my cats). Holidays are great but I'm a real homebody and I like nothing better than my familiar surroundings and my routine.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 08:54 PM

When are you home Yola???
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 08:57 PM

We fly back on the 22nd Pat. Will be home late that day, so another week or relaxation beckons!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Yola ->
We fly back on the 22nd Pat. Will be home late that day, so another week or relaxation beckons!
I am back on the 28th....Like you miss my Cats & Dogs........
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2009, 09:51 PM

Hi all-had a mixed day today-this morning took the dogs out in lovely sunshine then after dinner went to the shops. After tea this evening my niece and her 2 little boys called to see me before flying back to Germany tomorrow. Her hubby is in the army and is stationed there. It was lovely to see her and the boys-saying cheerio is not one of my strong points though so we both ended up having a little cry together - they will be back for Christmas though
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2009, 12:19 AM

Hope you've all had a fab Friday

I'm chilling for a bit now, been on my feet most of the day x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top