Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 10:19 PM

Re: Glasgow

A terrible tragedy, deepest sympathy to those who have lost loved ones.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 10:38 PM

Such a terrible, terrible tragedy ... my thoughts go out to the bereaved families and those who were injured
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 09:08 AM

That's two years in a row that Glasgow has had a tragedy involving the loss of lives in the run up to Christmas. It beggars belief.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
That's two years in a row that Glasgow has had a tragedy involving the loss of lives in the run up to Christmas. It beggars belief.
Yes indeed, alice, and that was confirmed on Breakfast show this morning, when someone from the emergency services said how much 'practice' they'd had, dealing with a major incident.

The health of the driver is still unknown, but if he survives, can you imagine how he's going to feel later on, when he gets to know what happened? We have to show compassion to him too. This will be a terrible guilt to live with. I wish him a speedy recovery too, and all other casualties.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes indeed, alice, and that was confirmed on Breakfast show this morning, when someone from the emergency services said how much 'practice' they'd had, dealing with a major incident.

The health of the driver is still unknown, but if he survives, can you imagine how he's going to feel later on, when he gets to know what happened? We have to show compassion to him too. This will be a terrible guilt to live with. I wish him a speedy recovery too, and all other casualties.
Yes, I too feel for the driver. It could have happened to any of us. Let's hope the casualties do have a speedy recovery and leave hospital soon.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 09:57 AM

Such a tragedy... I can't add anything to what has already been said.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 10:18 AM

I have to say that 'Killed by Garbage Truck' is not what I want on my grave stone.

Very sad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 10:23 AM

What a dreadful thing to happen

Considering how busy the roads are I am surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
And the third time Scotland has had a tragedy involving the loss of lives in the run up to Christmas. Remember Lockerbie?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

23-12-2014, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
And the third time Scotland has had a tragedy involving the loss of lives in the run up to Christmas. Remember Lockerbie?
True fb. Let's hope that's the three things in a row well and truly ended. Of course it would be difficult at any time, but Christmas is already a poignant time for many.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top