Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:33 AM

legal advice.

Can anyone give me advice ? Next doors sprog got a mini-drone helicopter thingy for Christmas. If he flies it over my property am I allowed to mistake it for a grouse and blast it with the trusty old 12 bore ? If so am I required to return him the bits over the wall ?
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:43 AM

Re: legal advice.

Well not sure of the legality of it all but if you have a licensed gun and bring it down then don't make any excuses. Just bury the evidence!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:49 AM

A large net might be a better idea - no sound, you will get some exercise and 'he' will think it travelled to a far distant planet ..........
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:49 AM

I'm sure they aren't a protected species yet Curmudgeon, so I would reckon it's fair game. As for returning the bits, a shot in the right direction with the twelve bore should do that job for you as well, so carry on and good hunting....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:51 AM

Not on the RSPB protected species list, so its toast, not sure about the operator though, this might be a test case.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Can anyone give me advice ? Next doors sprog got a mini-drone helicopter thingy for Christmas. If he flies it over my property am I allowed to mistake it for a grouse and blast it with the trusty old 12 bore ? If so am I required to return him the bits over the wall ?
Yes I would say so if you can find the bits
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 12:37 PM

you could try "invasion of privacy",.or could try "being a public nuisance" . Maybe a word to your local police community officer or even your environmental health officer in the first instance, or just have a word with the parents.

You have several routes you can take. If the Sprogget is below prosecution age then the parents could be prosecuted instead.

If it annoys you then you have every right to complain, how far you take it is up to you.

It all depends on how well you get on with the neighbours.
A bit more expensive way is to get a solicitor to write to the parents.

I had to take this last method when I first purchased a boarding kennel. A person living about 400 yds way kept ringing to complain about the noise AS solicitors letter about the harressment they gave me bought a response of the environmental health officers turning up from my and their council

The end result was that the complainant was given a ticking off and the occassional barking was at an acceptable level and only when people came.

It stopped the complainant dead. In the end if it annoys you ,you don't have to tolerate it.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 01:06 PM

Thank you all for your observations . i have just realised that the grouse season is now closed , however it is not unlike a partridge which will give me up to Feb to sort it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
I assume you don't get on? Hate the word sprog.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I assume you don't get on? Hate the word sprog.
Well if they did before, I bet they don't now!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top