Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 07:17 PM

Re: Photography question

Ta Patsy

mwah
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 08:31 PM

I have a Canon digital camera, not a dear one mind you, 80 euros, but I bought it because I thought it was easy to use and it was, but I fiddled with it and now it won't take still photo's and I have't a clue about the settings, the video bit is working great but I'll just have to wait until the son comes over to fix it, either that or dig up the old Brownie box for tomorrow night, I'm sure I still have a couple of rolls of film out in the shed for it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have a Canon digital camera, not a dear one mind you, 80 euros, but I bought it because I thought it was easy to use and it was, but I fiddled with it and now it won't take still photo's and I have't a clue about the settings, the video bit is working great but I'll just have to wait until the son comes over to fix it, either that or dig up the old Brownie box for tomorrow night, I'm sure I still have a couple of rolls of film out in the shed for it.
Shoud be a reset function in the menu,just a case of looking through all to find it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Shoud be a reset function in the menu,just a case of looking through all to find it.
Thanks Nom I'll give that a go later on.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have a Canon digital camera, not a dear one mind you, 80 euros, but I bought it because I thought it was easy to use and it was, but I fiddled with it and now it won't take still photo's and I haven't a clue about the settings, the video bit is working great but I'll just have to wait until the son comes over to fix it, either that or dig up the old Brownie box for tomorrow night, I'm sure I still have a couple of rolls of film out in the shed for it.
Have you googled for instructions ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I have a Canon Powershot G7 and I don't know how to change the setting/s to take portrait shots.

The manual has a couple of pages called 'shooting modes' but doesn't say how to find them

Can anyone help please ?
Blimey! time for an upgrade?

I had a G10 for many years but recently bought a G16 because the G10 only had 4:3 VGA video rather than 16:9 HD. I have been very pleased with mine, they are a good compact camera. I think the G16 cost slightly less than I paid for the G10 too.

BTW the G16 has a knob on the front I haven't found a use for yet
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

31-12-2014, 10:08 AM

Thank you Nom and Rachel, I got into the menu and reset it and everything is working fine now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 10:29 AM

Same should work for you Rachel, in the menu should be something like scene set, and it should have the function you need.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Same should work for you Rachel, in the menu should be something like scene set, and it should have the function you need.
It's OK now thanks Nom
I eventually figured out that there's a dial thingie *rolls eyes* where you can set all the different options (see post #5)

Scene (SCN): Marked "SCN" on the Mode dial, this mode accesses the available preset Scene modes, including Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Sports, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater, ISO 3,200, Color Accent, and Color Swap.

Why it doesn't say that in the manual is bonkers. I was fiddling with the menu and display buttons for ages
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
[SIZE="4"]

It's OK now thanks Nom
I eventually figured out that there's a dial thingie *rolls eyes* where you can set all the different options (see post #5)

Scene (SCN): Marked "SCN" on the Mode dial, this mode accesses the available preset Scene modes, including Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Sports, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater, ISO 3,200, Color Accent, and Color Swap.

Why it doesn't say that in the manual is bonkers. I was fiddling with the menu and display buttons for ages
In reality it doesn't make that much difference except perhaps for night scenes and fireworks. I find the P mode more useful especially if you want the flash to go off no matter what as a fill light.

Its all in the G10 manual but the G16 only has a manual on disk so I haven't ploughed through it yet.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top