Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 03:18 PM

Re: Photography question

I don't like using flash and recently I've been more interested in portraits ... and selfies lol

Noses were just looking too big on the normal settings I was using
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I don't like using flash and recently I've been more interested in portraits ... and selfies lol

Noses were just looking too big on the normal settings I was using
As a rule I would agree with you about flash but the best time to use it is when it would not normally go off.

Try using flash in daylight when the light is behind someone and their face is in shadow or part shadow, makes a big difference.

As for noses looking too big that is a perspective thing just move back a bit, or turn the face to one side slightly. No camera setting is going to change that surely?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2015, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
As a rule I would agree with you about flash but the best time to use it is when it would not normally go off.

Try using flash in daylight when the light is behind someone and their face is in shadow or part shadow, makes a big difference.

As for noses looking too big that is a perspective thing just move back a bit, or turn the face to one side slightly. No camera setting is going to change that surely?
I've taken a few snaps using the portrait setting and yes noses are looking normal.

Mind you ... I've not yet done a selfie
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 09:35 AM

I'm still trying to get to grips with my new Nikon DSLR. I find it ridiculous that I can learn how to fly a plane, yet stumble at learning 'photography' speak!! I haven't a clue about the settings, what they mean, or do.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'm still trying to get to grips with my new Nikon DSLR. I find it ridiculous that I can learn how to fly a plane, yet stumble at learning 'photography' speak!! I haven't a clue about the settings, what they mean, or do.
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/simulator/

http://petapixel.com/2011/05/09/onli...-fundamentals/

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/38628922
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2015, 02:12 PM

I might get the Nikon FM repaired some time (that's non digital) and I loved using it. Nice weight ~ it felt so comfortable for me.
The shutter jammed yonks ago and OH replaced it with ... hmmmmm can't remember which one (F2 ?) but I never took to it

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top