Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Re: Tiredness.

I'm both grumpy and weepy when I'm tired, which is fairly often as I sleep poorly. And I agree with Meg re the nausea and feeling the cold if really tired. I've never mastered the art of nodding off during the day as I can only sleep if laid flat and I'm not ready to take to my bed during the day yet! Well, not often...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 11:55 AM

Yes, you're right about feeling cold Ania. How does getting too tired mess with our body temperature?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:07 PM

I´m definitely grumpy when I´m tired mostly because whatever I´m doing never goes right. I also hate it when I get overtired and then can´t sleep. I´m not a daytime siesta person either but I have been known to "drop off" now and then during the summer time heat.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm both grumpy and weepy when I'm tired, which is fairly often as I sleep poorly. And I agree with Meg re the nausea and feeling the cold if really tired. I've never mastered the art of nodding off during the day as I can only sleep if laid flat and I'm not ready to take to my bed during the day yet! Well, not often...
How I wish they'd come up with a cure for insomnia!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:41 PM

I can get a bit grumpy when tired, husband does too so it's important one of us gets a good nights sleep or we get grumpy at each other.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can get a bit grumpy when tired, husband does too so it's important one of us gets a good nights sleep or we get grumpy at each other.
I know what you mean Julie. Fortunately my OH usually sleeps like a log, but if he is tired then we're both at it!! The odd occasion when he is grumpy, he will deny it, saying that there is nothing wrong with him, it's just that he's too tired to put up with my ways and it's my fault and that when he's not tired he let's it go over his head !!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 02:38 PM

I think it’s only natural to be a bit grumpy when you’re overtired, but you have to fight it because it’s not fair on those around you, they are not feeling the way you are feeling. Christmas and the following days are very tiresome especially for the ladies with all the cooking and the rest of it.
I seldom get overtired, to be honest I don’t do enough for that to happen, but when I do I try to avoid heavy conversations when people are around and when they are not I usually go to bed had have a good sleep, I know everyone can’t do that when they like but sleep the best cure there is for it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think it’s only natural to be a bit grumpy when you’re overtired, but you have to fight it because it’s not fair on those around you, they are not feeling the way you are feeling. Christmas and the following days are very tiresome especially for the ladies with all the cooking and the rest of it.
I seldom get overtired, to be honest I don’t do enough for that to happen, but when I do I try to avoid heavy conversations when people are around and when they are not I usually go to bed had have a good sleep, I know everyone can’t do that when they like but sleep the best cure there is for it.
What a nice caring post Jem

Yes, as my gran used to say "sleep is as good as meat for you"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 04:56 PM

They say having a banana half hour before bed helps - even though I'm a bit nanas, I'm not that keen on them, but - they say it works
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

31-12-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
They say having a banana half hour before bed helps - even though I'm a bit nanas, I'm not that keen on them, but - they say it works
It didn't work for me Patsy. They say a lettuce sandwich works, but that didn't either. You never know though Patsy a nana may work for someone.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top