Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Not a happy new year....

For my family...

My lovely daughter in law Paula was rushed into hospital this morning. She had severe pain in her head and collapsed on the floor clutching the side of her face. They're keeping her in doing all sorts of tests but found nothing yet. We can't help but fear that she's got the same as her father - he had a brain tumour at the young age of 35. Thankfully he recovered from it after brain surgery.

I've had the children all day while Ady has been with Paula. Josh has been ok as he doesn't realise what's happened but Taylor has been feeling it a lot. She was on my computer this afternoon making her mummy a get well card. She poured her heart into that card. Her other nanny & granddad have just called to take her to visit and she was clutching her card to her chest. I do hope they come back with some optimistic news.

So ironic that Tony & I usually go away for the new year and the one time we don't - this happens. Thank goodness we're here for them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:02 PM

Re: Not a happy new year....

Awful news - hope and pray the news is good for Paula after the tests - keep positive and truly hope tomorrow brings much better news for you all x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:04 PM

I'm so sorry, Carol. Fingers crossed. For what it's worth, I wouldn't expect a brain tumour to suddenly do that without any prior symptoms.
If you believe in fate, then you were meant to be here for them and that's why you didn't go away this year.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:06 PM

Carol I'm so sorry to hear about Paula ... hope you get some good news soon (((hugs))).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Very sorry to hear that Carol, please God it'll only be a passing one off thing and she'll be as right as rain very soon.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:11 PM

Oh Carol I'm so sorry to hear that. You must all be worried sick. Here's hoping it's not as bad as you think. My thoughts are with you What a rotten Hogmanay for you all.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:30 PM

What a dreadful start to New Year for you all, I sincerely hope all will be well again soon. xx
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:49 PM

I pray its not as serious as you think ,thinking of you all .keep us up to date when you can .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:52 PM

My very best wishes to you and your family Carol for a swift and happy resolution to her problems.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 08:54 PM

So sorry to read this Carol, it must be very worrying for you all.

I hope the New Year brings good news and improved health for Paula.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top