Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 04:51 PM

Car dashboard video cameras.

Has anyone any experience of using these ? Is it worth having one ? Which model is best ? They seem quite cheap and I think that it can bring reduced car insurance.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 04:54 PM

Re: Car dashboard video cameras.

Yes - insurance companies like them - I think they are a great idea .....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 05:03 PM

My son's emloyees have them on their vans. Apparently it reduces your car insurance premium dramatically. My son is all for them, but I couldn't tell you much more than that Alan.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 05:15 PM

I too have been looking at them but they can also be a two edged sword. If you have them with the speed shown and it gets checked for any reason you better make sure you are within the speed road limit or have that part in the not showing mode
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 06:45 PM

Ooooo, sounds good! I'm always getting overtaken just as the speed limit signs are coming up! I always drive within the limit and I think it angers some people!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Ooooo, sounds good! I'm always getting overtaken just as the speed limit signs are coming up! I always drive within the limit and I think it angers some people!
I always try to drive within the limit and I have the same problem as you !! It drives a lot of people crazy and they sit 6" from your chuffbox !!

If I had the money, I would definitely invest in one of those for the car
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 07:06 PM

It would not happen to most people but go on U tube and type "Car Camera Scams" You might think it would be a good Idea to invest in one.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 08:12 PM

I've often looked at them in Maplin, but not yet bought one. I too think they are a good idea.

I'd thought of getting one to record a long unfamiliar journey, like when I drove to Bournemouth.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 08:18 PM

There are plenty of examples on youtube and well worth checking out there first
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 09:15 PM

My son has had one for many years. He drives back and fore to Slovakia frequently to his wifes home town. They are very common and almost essential on the the Continent due to the dreadful driving, especially in Russia.

Recently his car went into a garage for work. They made a dreadful hash of the work and wrecked it. He had not deliberately left his dash cam running, but fortunately he had. When the bonnet was up the dash cam, luckily, filmed everything through the gap. It showed and recorded the garage mechanic swearing and cursing. Tearing parts out of the car, throwing them across the garage. Giving a derogatory commentary on his vehicle etc. When my son complained to the Manager he got a curt response. He played him the film. The chap went white, as my son said he was going to show it to the car company whose franchise they held. The mechanic was sacked. The car had everything repaired carefully and more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top