Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 09:39 PM

Re: Car dashboard video cameras.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I too have been looking at them but they can also be a two edged sword. If you have them with the speed shown and it gets checked for any reason you better make sure you are within the speed road limit or have that part in the not showing mode
Why should it be a double edged sword?

Why should you have a camera that records motorist driving badly/illegally and causing accidents if you yourself are driving illegally? that would negate and rightly so.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 10:01 PM

Pats

work it out for yourself, I should not have to explain everything to you
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Pats
work it out for yourself, I should not have to explain everything to you
No explanation necessary.....I worked it out perfectly.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 11:52 PM

I have had one for about 6 months bought it on Ebay from China for $40 (£20) post free. Films in a range of resolutions from VGA to 1080p and a range of settings, overwrite, continuous. Even has a HDMI output. It does the job very well.

The lens rotates through 180° so it is body wearable too (not that I have ever needed it like that)

I originally only bought it because one of my kids was looking at a Go Pro for about $400 and I bet them I could get one for less. Nothing like the build quality of a Go Pro, but as I say, does the job.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2015, 11:58 PM

We bought a special harness so we can attach the GoPro to the dogs. It does make for some hysterically funny filming.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:08 AM

You can get one with two lens, to film yourself too. Wouldn't like that! That would deffo make hysterical viewing, as I talk out loud to myself too much.

Celyn, I bet it does!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You can get one with two lens, to film yourself too. Wouldn't like that! That would deffo make hysterical viewing, as I talk out loud to myself too much.

Celyn, I bet it does!
Me too. Might also need a built in swear box . I also like to sing in the car and I wouldn't inflict that on anyone
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:12 PM

You only switch it on when you need it on.

My son and I were driving on the M4 to S Wales. A van in the right hand lane
turned literally sharp left from the right hand lane , at the toll booth , and cut straight across in front of us to a left hand lane. It was by sheer luck we didn't have a serious accident. It was all recorded and would have been a valuable piece of evidence in the case of an accident.

Yes, you can hear me yell on it, as I thought we were about to meet our makers!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top