Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:06 AM

Re: Curry this, curry that...

I did make lovely spiced onions to go with our curry last night. I love them.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:30 AM

I'm not into overly spiced food but I do like Korma sauce which we buy from Aldi. It's got a nice flowery , coconutty (I've just invented that word) taste to it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Why this obsession with spicy food?

It's just everywhere, and I'm sure it muscles out plain food items on the shelves. Sainsbury's used to do sweet and sour chicken in a can. No more. It's mostly curried stuff.

Want ordinary tomato flavoured food? No chance...it has to have basil added.

In ready meals, I am forever fishing out red, green or yellow peppers. Stop it, please!

I want everyone to know, that I hate curried, hot, or spicy food!!! We do exist, you know...
Can't say I've noticed, but then I love spicy food and love making curries. And don't use ready meals.
It does seem harsh on those that don't if this is so prevalant, though. Time to start cooking your own and freezing portions?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:52 PM

Well I like the variety we get now and we find all kinds of new things to try from all over the world now as shops cater more and more for ethnic minorities.

My wife makes all kinds of dishes now from scratch, not just curries and besides, if you talk about "Indian" food and curries, most of the time the recipes are Bangladeshi / Bengali in this country so if you want a more authentic taste of, say, a Punjabi dish then the sauces we can by now are brilliant, sorry to disagree Grumble.

Do it all yourself if you think that's better for you but unless you are a highly-experienced, experienced chef you'll never quite get the true taste you are looking for. stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:38 PM

Apparently Glasgow was the home of tikka masala
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Apparently Glasgow was the home of tikka masala
......and Balti's from Birmingham! stevmk2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm not into overly spiced food but I do like Korma sauce which we buy from Aldi. It's got a nice flowery , coconutty (I've just invented that word) taste to it.
I love their tinned hot chicken curry but also like to make a stir fry veggie curry using white cabbage, onions, peppers celery and whatever is left over that needs using up

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top