Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 06:50 PM

I Would Like To Announce......

That l did some ironing today for the first time since approx 2003!
Oh wait... don’t go... what did you think l was going to announce?

The reason, l ironed was... the weather was too bad to hang my washed bed linen out so l put it in the tumble dryer. The programme finished and when l opened the dryer door, the washing was quite hot, so l left it to cool. Big Mistake.

When l eventually took it out, well....my pillowcases looked like they’d been made out of elephant skin!
No way, could l sleep on those, so out came the iron. It’s a good job l hadn’t forgotten how to switch it on and use it!

Do you have any announcements to make? You know, like the wife’s pregnant, you’re getting married/divorced/ retaking your vows or you’re ‘coming out’?

I’d love to hear, especially the made up funny ones!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 07:01 PM

Re: I Would Like To Announce......

Lol...good one Arty....I would like to announce that I'm going out in the dark to bring in My emptied bin which has been out on the pavement since this morning...wish Me luck
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Lol...good one Arty....I would like to announce that I'm going out in the dark to bring in My emptied bin which has been out on the pavement since this morning...wish Me luck

Godspeed, May and all who sail in her!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 07:09 PM

I'd like to announce that...

I must have left an item of shopping on the supermarket conveyor belt, so supper will be a little bit thinner!

I'd bought a miniscule tin of tuna with mayo and sweetcorn, to put on a jacket potato. But the tin is nowhere to be found.

Guess I'll open a can of baked beans then (can't be bothered to make a roast again this evening.)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 07:13 PM

I have some ironing festering in the linen basket .
You have made me feel guilty I suppose I will have to do it now
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'd like to announce that...

I must have left an item of shopping on the supermarket conveyor belt, so supper will be a little bit thinner!

I'd bought a miniscule tin of tuna with mayo and sweetcorn, to put on a jacket potato. But the tin is nowhere to be found.

Guess I'll open a can of baked beans then (can't be bothered to make a roast again this evening.)
Jazzi, Ahhh...l am feeling really sorry for you with just baked beans for your meal. If you lived nearer l would have cooked you something.
I hope you ask when you’re next in the store. Usually, l have found that they are pretty good and even if it hasn’t been handed in, they will tell you to get a replacement.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have some ironing festering in the linen basket .
You have made me feel guilty I suppose I will have to do it now
Bring it here, Muddy. My iron is still hot!
When it’s cooled down, it’s going back on the shelf with the other ornaments!
I bet the iron thought, all its Christmas’s had come at once!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 07:46 PM

I would like to announce....... that I am going to sort out my shed...stuff has just been thrown in with no regard for tidiness or ease of getting to stuff, and I’m going to definitely start after Christmas, as long as it’s not too cold..or wet or snowing, but it’s definitely after Christmas...maybe....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I would like to announce....... that I am going to sort out my shed...stuff has just been thrown in with no regard for tidiness or ease of getting to stuff, and I’m going to definitely start after Christmas, as long as it’s not too cold..or wet or snowing, but it’s definitely after Christmas...maybe....
Primus, I think, l should announce the same thing!
I went into my garage today to look for my battery charger to charge my mower battery. Could l find it for all the junk in there? Yes... but how many hours later?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Primus, I think, l should announce the same thing!
I went into my garage today to look for my battery charger to charge my mower battery. Could l find it for all the junk in there? Yes... but how many hours later?
Why? Most self respecting mowers are in deep hibernation at this time of year.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top