Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:24 AM

The Royal Ladies..

I never see film stars/celebrities wearing headscarves so why does the Queen?

Such an awful looking fashion that seems to be favoured by the Royals.

Do you/would you wear a headscarf, ladies of the forum?

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:29 AM

Re: The Royal Ladies..

I don't want to leave the men of the forum out... Does the lady in your life wear a headscarf?

Do you like the fashion?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:31 AM

No....I have never thought about it before but you are right you just don't see headscarves these days....I remember my granny wore one.....maybe we should set a trend Carol....you first
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:32 AM

Carol, l remember famous, glamorous film stars in the 1950’s wearing scarves like that in films, usually when they were in an open top limousine.

The Queen is old school and is not exactly up to date where fashion is concerned. I think many horsey or country people still wear scarves.

The younger royals wouldn’t wear them, they have less class than the Queen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:33 AM

I think headscarves are hideous, my stepmother used to wear one and had a hairstyle similar to that of the Queen.
I understand a headscarf gives protection from the cold and wet and unlike a hat it doesn't flatten the hair too much.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:40 AM

When l worked in a hairdressing salon in the 1960’s, many women, usually the older ones would put a headscarf on to protect their freshly styled hair.
If it was raining, they’d stick one of those fold up plastic hats on the top of the scarf! Their hair was completely flattened!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:05 PM

I can't even wear a hat, makes my head itch.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:17 PM

From the day that I decided that I had finally reached the time when I was too old to hang on to my usual long tresses and it was time for a mature, shorter style, I have never worn a hat since. They just don't look the same on me. I used to have loads of beany type hats and matching scarves that I wore in winter, but when my hair was cut, I thought they looked hideous on me, so I gave them all away to the charity shop. I can't even wear a hat at weddings now, if it's a posh do, I prefer a fascinator, even better, nothing!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 02:09 PM

Nope, no way, never, would I be seen in a head scarf.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l worked in a hairdressing salon in the 1960’s, many women, usually the older ones would put a headscarf on to protect their freshly styled hair.
If it was raining, they’d stick one of those fold up plastic hats on the top of the scarf! Their hair was completely flattened!

Hah, I remember my Mum always having one of thsoe little plastic hats. Sort of concertina'd up and folded flat when not in use.

As for the Queen, she is often seen wearing a scarf when out riding as well, and as Art said, she is one of the old school.
I agree it doesn't look very fetching with her nice coat though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top