Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:32 AM

A tribute.

I would like to thank all those from other parts of the world here who have expressed their concern and well wishes to us here in Australia over the current bushfire crisis. Here in Sydney we now have a situation where 3 mega blazes in the Blue Mountains, the north west rural fringe and the south coast hinterland respectively have all joined up. Things are looking pretty grim. A number of lives have been lost. People are missing and hundreds of properties have been destroyed. We had another contingent of firefighters arrive yesterday from Ontario, Canada. There is no word of welcome and thanks strong enough to offer to them. MOre from the US and NZ are on their way. This is my tribute to this brave fire army and air force that are working their butts off to save us.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefighting (1).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	11270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefighting (2).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	11271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefighting (3).jpg
Views:	58
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	11272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefighting (4).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	11273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefighting (5).jpg
Views:	60
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	11274  

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 04:23 AM

Re: A tribute.

What a lovely post, Keezoy, all too often the 'emergency' services are our unsung heroes. They turn up - do their job - and go on their way. Not everyone appreciates just how dangerous their job can be so, with your permission, I would like to add my praise for them to yours.

Life must be very scary in your corner of the world just now - I do hope your and family are safe - and stay safe - and that the weather goblins send you lots of rain very soon.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:06 AM

Thanks ST!..Of course you are welcome to send your good vibes. we need all we can get right now. We are OK so far. Very smoky but not any fire on our south facing back door yet. (There is water in the other directions so we are lucky) Fingers crossed
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 09:51 AM

I am shocked to see the devastation that is happening there keezoy, it seems most of Australia is on fire

I have relatives over there who seem to be ok luckily but my Uncle died in a bush fire a few years ago so I know how bad it gets.

My thought are with you all.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:03 AM

I've been thinking about you all in Australia. It all seems unimaginable.

A terrible situation
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:06 AM

It's truly awful...not just the fires but the devastation it leaves too....stay safe Keezoy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Plus it is not known how the inhalation of the smoke will affect people in the future.
My son, said his area is ok now, l suppose there’s no more of the Bush there to burn.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:02 PM

must be terrible at the moment, of course we don't know how many were started by arsonists, or for that matter careless campers and people chucking cigarettes out of car windows still alight
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:13 PM

Dreadful time for all in the parts of Australia that are on fire. I hope all get to safety. The firefighters should get medals for what they are doing.
A fitting tribute Keezoy.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Truly devastating. When watching the horror unfold on our television screens, it's like watching Dante's Inferno. All those people, animals, properties. It's heartbreaking to watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top