Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 10:28 PM

Nice Day?

I have had a lovely, peaceful day.

First thing this morning cooked Christmas dinner, took some up for Dad, he didn't want to come to mine, he's a right homebird. Me and my son went up to spend some time with him taking him presents. I bought my Dad a real nice cardigan and my son bought him some long johns and a thermal vest to keep him warm.

Dad really enjoyed his dinner, I made Turkey, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, pigs in blankets, carrots, sprouts cooked in my bacon, onion, garlic and a little single cream (yummmmy) peas, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy. He demolished the lot.

When we came home I put on my PJs and my feet up on the recliner, covered myself with my throw and chilled out watching TV all day. Such a lazy day but oh boy did I enjoy it. Ate a bit too much but ne'er mind, its Christmas.

Gonna have a couple of glasses of vino before bed.

Perfect end to a perfect day.

I got some lovely presents.

One of my friends bought me a cushion and it had Freddie Mercurys face on it, oh man, I loved it, I was well chuffed. She also bought me Freddie earings and two Freddie badges LOL. I got loads of smellies and pamper stuff, 4 pairs of earrings, 2 pairs from my beloved, he bought me some gold sleepers and gold going out earrings, he really knows my taste in jewellery and made good choices.
My Dad gave me some money so I'm going to buy some clothes in the sales. I got an oil burner, scented candles but I have to be careful where I use them because we have a parrot and its not good for his tiny lungs. I also got a wool blanket and 2 bottles of wine.

I was definitely spoiled today. Didn't I do well.

How about you?

See the Freddie cushion, I've been snuggling with him all day hehe

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	freddiecushion.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	11308  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 10:35 PM

Re: Nice Day?

Glad you had a good day LG it sounds idyllic .

My brain is frazzled from trying to grasp the incomprehensible modern games I played with my grandchildren, whatever happened to Ludo and snakes and ladders
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Glad you had a good day LG it sounds idyllic .

My brain is frazzled from trying to grasp the incomprehensible modern games I played with my grandchildren, whatever happened to Ludo and snakes and ladders
The best of times are spent with loved ones. Sounds like you had fun.

Forgot to say, it was my husbands birthday today. Christmas baby and his Mother was called Mary
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 10:49 PM

Just the two of us here today.

At 11am I decided it was time to start peeling the potatoes so went to get them from the shed only to find that half of them had been chewed away by a mouse. Luckily, we bought two bags so I was able to salvage enough of them for the lunch.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

25-12-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just the two of us here today.

At 11am I decided it was time to start peeling the potatoes so went to get them from the shed only to find that half of them had been chewed away by a mouse. Luckily, we bought two bags so I was able to salvage enough of them for the lunch.
Hope you had the nice day you deserve lad and you enjoyed that dinner.

Merry Christmas to you and your good lady xxx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hope you had the nice day you deserve lad and you enjoyed that dinner.

Merry Christmas to you and your good lady xxx
Thanks LQ. It all turned our OK in the end. I like your pillow btw.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 11:15 PM

I had a lovely day too, as I was invited out for dinner today with my son and his girlfriend.
Really nice dinner, and good company, what more can we ask.
It was a lovely treat and I enjoyed it very much.

I had to leave early though as I have a poorly dog at home and didn't want to leave her for long.

Hope everyone else had a nice day too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2019, 11:56 PM

I've had some nice presents including a leaf blower & holiday vouchers for Warner Hotels also clothes & some lovely suede boots..

We had a lovely day with Paula & Ady , Josh & Taylor and Paula's parents. Paula worked really hard to make us a lovely dinner.

After dinner it was chaotic. Paula's dad was shooting at everybody with a pop gun & we were all trying to duck n dive!! He's a 62 year old kid!!

At 5.00pm Tony was feeling the strain so we came home so he could have a lie down.

Watched 'Call the midwives' which I thought was boring & I dropped to sleep. Then watches Gavin & Stacey - I'm so frustrated about the ending!! Did he say yes or did he say no? Will we ever find out?

Goodnight everybody - sleep well.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:57 AM

It's funny LQ but I asked Alexa to play Queen hits during Christmas dinner as the Christmas music was getting a bit boring. Lovely that your dad had such a family Christmas too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 10:47 AM

LQ, I am glad you had a lovely day.

I had the quietest, no stress Christmas for years. It was just my two youngest daughters and me. Usually, it’s more like twelve plus here but my two eldest daughters had their in-laws for the day yesterday. It was only fair as it’s always been either everyone coming here or we all going to my married daughter’s house.

Today, we all go to my married daughters house. Her husband will be cooking as usual but he loves it. He is a marvellous cook and l keep telling him he should enter one of the Cookery programmes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top