Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Lovely people

The goodwill season......
Yesterday, we went out for lunch with my sister who is staying with us for a few days. Taxi to the pub, no problem. We were done by about 16:00. No taxi available until 20:00! A kindly couple offered to drop us off. I would have paid them at least the taxi fare - they wouldn't entertain that.

I have mentioned on this forum that we walk a neighbour's dog with big Max. We got a bumper package of goodies from his owner - just for allowing wee Ozzie to stroll with us where we go anyway. Max was given the accolades of course..........

Lovely people.......
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:41 PM

Re: Lovely people

It's nice isn't it when you meet lovely people . I always say let's be kind to each other . I think there are many lovely people around and we humans do need each .
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:49 PM

I still believe in Karma, B.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
It's nice isn't it when you meet lovely people . I always say let's be kind to each other . I think there are many lovely people around and we humans do need each .
Totally agree. We had a new front gate recently. The guys did a great job and came back to paint it today. He, the chap painting it has just gone. Dark but I turned on the outside lights on and he turned on his van lights. Thumbs up to them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I still believe in Karma, B.
So do I.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The goodwill season......
Yesterday, we went out for lunch with my sister who is staying with us for a few days. Taxi to the pub, no problem. We were done by about 16:00. No taxi available until 20:00! A kindly couple offered to drop us off. I would have paid them at least the taxi fare - they wouldn't entertain that.

I have mentioned on this forum that we walk a neighbour's dog with big Max. We got a bumper package of goodies from his owner - just for allowing wee Ozzie to stroll with us where we go anyway. Max was given the accolades of course..........

Lovely people.......
Isn't it heartwarming to know there are still lovely people in the world!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

21-12-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Isn't it heartwarming to know there are still lovely people in the world!
I think there always was. It's just that more of the bad stuff is getting aired.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 06:51 PM

Besoeker, I think it’s the surprise of getting something that is so unexpected that cheers you.
It makes you feel happy that someone has gone out of their way to bring you some happiness.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2019, 08:56 PM

we have really lovely neighbours, just heard one has been rushed into hospital with septicemia. Seem he got it from a previous different hospital operation.Tthe ambulance came on blue lights and rushed him off the Eastbourne hospital.

Of course this had to happen while I was at our local hospital about my eyes so only just found out. Looks like he will be in over Christmas as well.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

21-12-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Besoeker, I think it’s the surprise of getting something that is so unexpected that cheers you.
It makes you feel happy that someone has gone out of their way to bring you some happiness.
Arty.
Yes, that is so true. I also think it pleases them that it pleases us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top