Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 10:49 AM

Guess who had firemen in her home at 6.30 this morning?

Good morning all.
My morning had been quite eventful so far. At 6.20 I went into my kitchen and found water dripping on to my hob, which seemed to be coming through the wooden beams that support the ceiling ( where there are spotlights fitted). I couldn't find where the water was coming from so I dialed 999 for advice. The fire brigade said they would come out immediately & don't touch anything... so at 6.30 I had 4 hunky firemen in my kitchen.

They searched for almost an hour & couldn't find where it was coming from, so one of them decided to look in the loft & found the cause. It seems that a pipe connection had become loose and was dripping into my airing cupboard , so he put it back together and secured it with duct tape for me. They only came out because they were concerned that the water may get into the electrics, but it hadn't & I thought they were really good to help me so much.

It is fine now, but I just thought I would make all the ladies jealous that I had all those firemen in my house. Now I had better catch up on my daily housework!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:19 AM

Re: Guess who had firemen in her home at 6.30 this morning?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Good morning all.
My morning had been quite eventful so far. At 6.20 I went into my kitchen and found water dripping on to my hob, which seemed to be coming through the wooden beams that support the ceiling ( where there are spotlights fitted). I couldn't find where the water was coming from so I dialed 999 for advice. The fire brigade said they would come out immediately & don't touch anything... so at 6.30 I had 4 hunky firemen in my kitchen.

They searched for almost an hour & couldn't find where it was coming from, so one of them decided to look in the loft & found the cause. It seems that a pipe connection had become loose and was dripping into my airing cupboard , so he put it back together and secured it with duct tape for me. They only came out because they were concerned that the water may get into the electrics, but it hadn't & I thought they were really good to help me so much.

It is fine now, but I just thought I would make all the ladies jealous that I had all those firemen in my house. Now I had better catch up on my daily housework!
Probably best to get the electrics checked out where water has been present. Water can spread in the case of some materials used in ceilings even after the leak has been fixed. Sorta like blotting paper but slower in action. Worth doing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:23 AM

It sounds like your dream has come true, Twink! - who else gets 4 hunky firemen in their house at that time of the morning!

I’m glad it didn’t turn out to be more serious and they were able to find the fault and repair it for you. It could have been a lot worse.

Was there any damage done due to the leakage?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:24 AM

Glad you're all good. Now send those firies over here.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It sounds like your dream has come true, Twink! - who else gets 4 hunky firemen in their house at that time of the morning!

I’m glad it didn’t turn out to be more serious and they were able to find the fault and repair it for you. It could have been a lot worse.

Was there any damage done due to the leakage?
No Mags, I just needed to mop the water from the floor and wipe the hob.
As a bonus they have fitted 3 easy to reach smoke detectors too.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Glad you're all good. Now send those firies over here.
Keezoy, I am sure your firemen are exhausted and need all the help they can get.
I will do a rain dance for Australia though, in the hope that some rain will help with all those fires! I know you have lots of volunteers to help, but how can they manage if they don't have sufficient water?
I, along with many others, are really hoping that you get a few heavy rainstorms & remain safe.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 12:10 PM

I honestly wouldn't have thought to dial 999 Twink I definitely would have panicked though and try to find an emergency plumber. Was the operator ok with you and helpful , the reason I'm asking is I've watched those programmes and seen operators telling people it's only for serious emergency .

As you say I guess because of the electrics being dangerous and I'm glad you got the help .

Just wondering
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 12:42 PM

Dirty girl....😁

Seriously, twink, did they cure the leak? Or is it a temporary fix?
You may need a plumber,
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

04-01-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I honestly wouldn't have thought to dial 999 Twink I definitely would have panicked though and try to find an emergency plumber. Was the operator ok with you and helpful , the reason I'm asking is I've watched those programmes and seen operators telling people it's only for serious emergency .

As you say I guess because of the electrics being dangerous and I'm glad you got the help .

Just wondering
Susan I just rang for advice on how safe it was and what I should do. They asked if it was close to lights, which it was, and said so nothing they would be with me in a few minutes. I couldn't get a plumber at 6.20am & once these guys found it they fixed it in a few mins.

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Dirty girl....😁

Seriously, twink, did they cure the leak? Or is it a temporary fix?
You may need a plumber,
Primus, the man who fixed it said the plumbers who fitted it hadn't bothered to solder the joint on the pipe. It has been there for 35 years so he has put it back to how it should be & secured it with duct tape till I can get it sorted.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 02:53 PM

Well I think four firemen is a little greedy Twink .... and you don't even sound worn out.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well I think four firemen is a little greedy Twink .... and you don't even sound worn out.
They might have been gay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top