Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tasha
UK
Tasha is female 

07-01-2020, 09:22 PM

Re: Mice in the Attic

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Its what they call the food chain Tasha l believe?
Donkeyman!

Well yes, as a country dweller I know that - which is why I mentioned it. Doesn't seem to have gone down too well - unlike the mice with the owls!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 09:25 PM

What fun you can police the fox hunting lot that the regulars ignore .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's the laws of the fittest. There will always be prey & preyed upon. It's nature.

True - and the Owls have to live too.
Tasha
UK
Tasha is female 

07-01-2020, 09:48 PM

We live in a barn conversion, it's quite long and low, being single storey.

We knew we had mice in the roof at one end, over the main bedroom because we could hear them at night scampering around. We were at a loss as to how they were getting in there and reluctant to put traps up there.

Eventually it dawned on us that a large honeysuckle which climbed up the outside wall was like a cargo net for the mice! We cut it down (shame because it smelt gorgeous on summer nights) and the result was no more mice in the roof.

We do see rats occasionally around the stables area but there are probably more of them in a town centre.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 09:56 PM

I really, really do not like rats at all.

We've had this discussion recently when members who feed the wild birds (me included), get problems with rats visiting.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 09:58 PM

I don't mind the four legged ones .
They are so bright and clever.
Tasha
UK
Tasha is female 

07-01-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I really, really do not like rats at all.

We've had this discussion recently when members who feed the wild birds (me included), get problems with rats visiting.
They are horrible, and it's not unknown for them to bite - and of course they spread disease. I'm happy to poison or shoot them although as I said, we don't get that many or at least, we don't see them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 10:17 PM

*** Please note: Some posts have been removed.

Pleased refrain from making personal comments.

Thank you
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't mind the four legged ones .
They are so bright and clever.

I don't mind them either...but not in my loft...lol....how many have you caught so far?

A elderly lady I know,her cat keeps bringing in mice..which are still alive...I'd worry that they may nest ..especially in her house,because she is unable to get upstairs..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-01-2020, 10:42 PM

I have caught five little field mice so far.
They come in from the fields in the winter.
I hope I can get rid of them all .
I simply cannot kill them by poison is so cruel added to that I have a dog and although they are in the attic field mice do come out at night . A dead poisoned mouse in the garden would be a serious danger to a dog.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top