Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 05:10 PM

Re: Ember Attack!

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yep we are getting them too. We are at Point Clare which is 30 kms from The Gospers Mountain fire. It still hasn't jumped The Hawkesbury..fingers crossed. If it gets into Somersby we have BIG problems. It is a waiting game.
Hope your keeping your gutters clean, and sweep your roof as
well Keezoy?
I have freinds in perth and they think us pommies worry too much
when l e mail them?? Maybe if they lived elsewhere they would have
a different opinion?
They also have the view that the greenies have some responsability
for what is happening now as apparently they pressured the govt
to cancel the prescribed burning laws that were operating at that
time, l think 25yrs ago??
What do you think?
Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am in the same boat. Not heard from my Sis-in-Law for weeks now. They live in Killcare.
Hi Tiffany. Just letting you know that Killcare is fine. It's not too far from me and there are no fires around that way at present. Here is a map as of today. I've ringed Killcare and the closest active fireground in red. So the closest fire is 50 kms away and it's under control. It's on the other side of the Hawkesbury River so hopefully they can stop it crossing. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Killcare.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	11363  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 10:24 AM

Just been speaking to my son in Australia.
He lives In Queensland and says the fires are approx 50- 100kms from him.
This seems too close to me especially as the fires travel so fast .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 11:35 AM

My brother and SIL live in Canberra but are on holiday at the moment on Heron Island. They are supposed to be going home tomorrow but the airport was closed because of the smoke and their house in the north of the city is on evacuation alert, so no idea what they intend doing...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Hi Tiffany. Just letting you know that Killcare is fine. It's not too far from me and there are no fires around that way at present. Here is a map as of today. I've ringed Killcare and the closest active fireground in red. So the closest fire is 50 kms away and it's under control. It's on the other side of the Hawkesbury River so hopefully they can stop it crossing. Hope this helps.
That is a weight off my mind. Many thanks for that Keezoy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
My brother and SIL live in Canberra but are on holiday at the moment on Heron Island. They are supposed to be going home tomorrow but the airport was closed because of the smoke and their house in the north of the city is on evacuation alert, so no idea what they intend doing...
Canberra is fine just blanketed in smoke according to my kids, no fires nearby. The air quality there makes Beijing look positively healthy, they are better off stuck where they are.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Canberra is fine just blanketed in smoke according to my kids, no fires nearby. The air quality there makes Beijing look positively healthy, they are better off stuck where they are.
Thanks Bruce, good to know..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top