Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 05:33 AM

And Now For Something Completely Different

On the bright side it might bring rain to the South East.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 05:46 AM

Re: And Now For Something Completely Different

We've had rain for most of the day here BUT:

Greg Allen, spokesperson for New South Wales Rural Fire Service, said while the cooler conditions were welcome, rain was not a good thing in all cases.

"It can hamper efforts to put in back-burning, those tactical firefighting operations that we use at times to strengthen containment lines," he said
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
We've had rain for most of the day here BUT:

Greg Allen, spokesperson for New South Wales Rural Fire Service, said while the cooler conditions were welcome, rain was not a good thing in all cases.

"It can hamper efforts to put in back-burning, those tactical firefighting operations that we use at times to strengthen containment lines," he said
That's right we need many cm of rain not mm over a period of days.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's right we need many cm of rain not mm over a period of days.
Your PM needs to get his head out of his "donkey" and realise that his promotion of fossil fuel is a huge part of the damage to OUR environment that is causing global climate change.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 10:26 AM

Can a nice Australian person tell me.... ....Am l right in thinking the Australian Government/Water companies have sold off a lot of Australian water and China owns a lot of it?
Does this mean at the moment, Australia is having to buy water from the Chinese to help put the fires out? Or do you still have enough of your own water to manage at the moment?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

06-01-2020, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Can a nice Australian person tell me.... ....Am l right in thinking the Australian Government/Water companies have sold off a lot of Australian water and China owns a lot of it?
Does this mean at the moment, Australia is having to buy water from the Chinese to help put the fires out? Or do you still have enough of your own water to manage at the moment?
I don't know where you got that idea from. There is a shortage of water because we are in drought but the Chinese don't own it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't know where you got that idea from. There is a shortage of water because we are in drought but the Chinese don't own it.
Bruce, Thank You for answering my question. It must be hearsay then.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 10:46 AM

I think they might own ours Art .

https://www.lovemoney.com/guides/210...ies-your-water
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2020, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think they might own ours Art ,I hope not .
Muddy, I suppose, even bottled water from the Highland Spring might be, ‘Bottled in China’!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

06-01-2020, 11:04 AM

Unless the pool owners are a Chinese family.

Amazing skill though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top