Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:48 AM

Re: Thinking about Flags ...

Don't forget the Torres Strait Islands flag. The T.S. Islanders identify as a separate indigenous people.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	TSF.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	11390  
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I never knew there was an Aboriginal flag - do you have a picture? Your current flag is very smart.
Hi ST. THe Australian Flag is not a bad one sure but I don't think the union flag should be on it. Australia has been a sovereign nation since federation in 1901 and the flag should
reflect that in the opinion of many. I don't have a problem with Australia's membership of the Commonwealth or retaining certain ceremonial ties with Britain or The Crown. They have no operational or practical meaning or application apart from the Queen herself..(Not any part of the British Government)..as head of state can advise the governor general if advice is requested but she would not interfere otherwise (Leave that to China) Canada is the same as us but they have a great flag that is so Canadian it almost drips maple syrup. Once again, this should be our flag. I think it's just as smart and it reflects the Australian night sky with the Southern Cross.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	aus.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	11391  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Thank you, Bruce, that is so colourful.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Don't forget the Torres Strait Islands flag. The T.S. Islanders identify as a separate indigenous people.
Also colourful - but a bit strange.

Hi ST. THe Australian Flag is not a bad one sure but I don't think the union flag should be on it. Australia has been a sovereign nation since federation in 1901 and the flag should
reflect that in the opinion of many. I don't have a problem with Australia's membership of the Commonwealth or retaining certain ceremonial ties with Britain or The Crown. They have no operational or practical meaning or application apart from the Queen herself..(Not any part of the British Government)..as head of state can advise the governor general if advice is requested but she would not interfere otherwise (Leave that to China) Canada is the same as us but they have a great flag that is so Canadian it almost drips maple syrup. Once again, this should be our flag. I think it's just as smart and it reflects the Australian night sky with the Southern Cross.

I like this one, Keezoy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 11:55 AM

What on earth is that supposed to represent?
It looks like someone bending over with a star dangling down.
keezoy
Australia

10-01-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What on earth is that supposed to represent?
It looks like someone bending over with a star dangling down.
What is it supposed to represent?..It represents the people of the Torres Straits Islands. It is the flag of their nation. It represents their history and their culture. It is a flag that is respected in my country and flown everywhere. And PLeeeeaaase!!..Don't tell me I don't have a sense of humour. Maybe your comments are just not funny mate.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 12:23 AM

What is it supposed to represent?..It represents the people of the Torres Straits Islands. It is the flag of their nation. It represents their history and their culture. It is a flag that is respected in my country and flown everywhere. And PLeeeeaaase!!..Don't tell me I don't have a sense of humour. Maybe your comments are just not funny mate.
My comment was not a comment, it was a question and it was not meant to be funny.

I'm still hoping that someone (perhaps not you if you are easily offended when no offence was intended) might be able to inform me what the shape represents. Is is some sort of plant, perhaps?
keezoy
Australia

10-01-2020, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My comment was not a comment, it was a question and it was not meant to be funny.

I'm still hoping that someone (perhaps not you if you are easily offended when no offence was intended) might be able to inform me what the shape represents. Is is some sort of plant, perhaps?
Sorry mate I don't buy that. It's not about me being easily offended. It's about you not bothering to think about whether YOU might be offending somebody with a flippant comment like that about a national flag. The green panels at the top and the bottom of the flag symbolise the land, while the blue panel in the centre represents the waters of the Torres Strait. The thin black stripes between the green and blue panels signify the Torres Strait Islanders themselves.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-01-2020, 12:40 AM

Sorry mate I don't buy that. It's not about me being easily offended. It's about you not bothering to think about whether YOU might be offending somebody with a flippant comment like that about a national flag. The green panels at the top and the bottom of the flag symbolise the land, while the blue panel in the centre represents the waters of the Torres Strait. The thin black stripes between the green and blue panels signify the Torres Strait Islanders themselves.
Obviously, you think I am lying. I repeat, I was asking a genuine question.

I'd still like to know what the white shape(s) in the middle are supposed to be. If you don't know, maybe someone else does.
keezoy
Australia

10-01-2020, 12:44 AM

OK whatever. YOu said your bit I said mine. Let's leave it there. I have given you some info. If you want to find out more about our indigenous flags, google them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-01-2020, 12:47 AM

OK whatever. YOu said your bit I said mine. Let's leave it there. I have given you some info. If you want to find out more about our indigenous flags, google them.
No problem. Be assured that I shall not bother you again... in any respect.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top