Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:07 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

Eh! the day is nearly over, you people do live in the past.

It has be hot, windy and steamy, on the NSW fire fronts a southerly change is coming this evening sending the fires north.

Three Alpine blazes have joined forming another mega blaze with its own weather heading towards Canberra when the southerly buster arrives.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 11:31 AM

Recently got a severe weather warning on my phone for tonight. Definitely won't help the fire fighters

Severe Weather Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS

For people in Riverina, Lower Western and parts of Metropolitan, Illawarra, Central West Slopes and Plains, South West Slopes, Upper Western and Snowy Mountains Forecast Districts.

Issued at 4:25 pm Friday, 10 January 2020.

VIGOROUS SOUTHERLY CHANGE THIS EVENING

A vigorous cold front is moving through southern parts of New South Wales this afternoon and evening, and will extend into central areas overnight before weakening.

DAMAGING WINDS averaging 55 to 65 km/h, with gusts around 90 km/h, are possible over parts of inland New South Wales this afternoon and evening, and the Illawarra/Sydney/Central Coast coastal fringe late at night.

Locations which may be affected include Gosford, Sydney, Wollongong, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Cobar and Broken Hill.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN21037.shtml

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	index.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	11398  
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 02:02 PM

Hi everyone. Today is the first day this week when the memsahib doesn't have any jobs for me to do - yippee - so the rest of the day is mine to do as I please.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top