Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:14 PM

Re: Thunderstorms

I watched the storms on the map going up through south Wales into Shropshire and North Wales it doesn't look like we will get any until tomorrow .

Bother I will have to water the garden again now ...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:44 PM

Looking forward to them arriving here tomorrow, I love a good thunder storm. We don't have the heat though, your about 10/11 degrees warmer than us.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:50 PM

According to the forecast, thunderstorms are due here at 2.00am tonight .... goodbye to a good night's sleep!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:50 PM

not arrived here yet but it's very muggy so I don't think it will be long.
I don't like thunder and lightening, especially lightening so I'll hide in my cellar when it comes, well, I would if I had one!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
not arrived here yet but it's very muggy so I don't think it will be long.
I don't like thunder and lightening, especially lightening so I'll hide in my cellar when it comes, well, I would if I had one!
You'd be very much safer in your car just as long as it's not a convertible and it's clear of any trees that might fall on it!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You'd be very much safer in your car just as long as it's not a convertible and it's clear of any trees that might fall on it!
Oh, I'm spoilt for choice then, I've got two of them, now which one, the blue one or the red one hmmm
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh, I'm spoilt for choice then, I've got two of them, now which one, the blue one or the red one hmmm
Red for sure. You know what they say, "A red car at night keeps you safe and alright"!

(I made that up - use the blue one.)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 07:28 PM

Much safer?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 07:39 PM

They were saying that on the telly not long ago Todger.
Not sure now, but would it be because the rubber tyres act like insulation?
I think they said try not to lean against the metal doors though.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-08-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Much safer?
Yes. Not perfectly safe because the faraday cage is incomplete and with exceptionally high fast lightning discharge an electric field will be created within the partial cage and discharges take place due to capacity effects that can be sufficient to create an air discharge. It's highly unlikely to occur in nature but it is a factor to be taken account in the case of the design and construction or even use of high energy cyclotrons.

Gawd the rubbish a person learns, never makes use of, but just can't forget!

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top