Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 07:41 AM

Guttersnipe

Were you ever a Guttersnipe, or did you know one?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 07:46 AM

Re: Guttersnipe

Depends what you mean by guttersnipe..
.if you mean a ragamuffin with holes in her shoes scraped knees a snotty nose and in need of a bath...twas me for sure....guilty as charged
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 07:50 AM

I don't think I was, my Mum wouldn't let me, knew a few though and some hobbledehoys!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:01 AM

Hmmm maybe, since getting my free bus pass, but lockdown hasn't helped.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:03 AM

guttersnipe

1. a child who spends most of the time in the streets, esp in a slum area.
2. a person regarded as having the behaviour, morals, etc, of one brought up in squalor.

Good grief - NO! Seen a few about though - more often on 'reality' TV shows these days.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:04 AM

Hi

Never rose that high on the social scale.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:12 AM

Wonder if that describes the toddlers down the end of my road, the family I have nicknamed the Chavs? The boy, who could be about 3, usually has a nappy hanging out of his pants and he must be too old for one now. His little girl cousin can only be about 18m and runs about in just a nappy. The parents stand at the gates smoking, fat guts hanging out, and instead of running up the road to get the children just bellow out their names!! Glad I live a bit further up the road...

Those children are always out, and wander from one house to the other, and up the road, and across the road... the times I have had to discourage the boy from dashing across the road to greet my dog, as I worry for his safety.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 09:47 AM

I remember my Math’s teacher in Grammar School calling the whole class of pupils “Guttersnipes”. He must have been in a bad mood that day, no wonder he had the nickname “Killer Cox”!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Wonder if that describes the toddlers down the end of my road, the family I have nicknamed the Chavs? The boy, who could be about 3, usually has a nappy hanging out of his pants and he must be too old for one now. His little girl cousin can only be about 18m and runs about in just a nappy. The parents stand at the gates smoking, fat guts hanging out, and instead of running up the road to get the children just bellow out their names!! Glad I live a bit further up the road...

Those children are always out, and wander from one house to the other, and up the road, and across the road... the times I have had to discourage the boy from dashing across the road to greet my dog, as I worry for his safety.
Poor little mites . There is no hope for them is there .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 11:25 AM

We get a few of those in Tesco, which is why I go late at night.
I was a tomboy, climbing trees & making dens, on Hounslow heath & in Crane park, had lots of friends as a kid mostly boys. We rode our bikes & were out all day, went home tea times, got grubby, but guttersnipes, no, just normal kids, being kids. It was the norm in those days. Doesn't happen often now, kids grow up too fast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top