Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 12:10 AM

Re: I know this is to incite but why....?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I feel your pain, it's rather like those British louts excreting from the other end of the alimentary canal into the street, though there are probably a lot more of them.

These are supposedly British louts Bruce .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 12:14 AM

Don't worry such sensationalist reports are to prepare everyone for a police state. But it will be ok, you will all be safe from perceived threats.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 01:54 AM

So they are not crowding in the streets of Manchester while we are in a pandemic ?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
See the graph in this news item headed:

Predicted impact of coronavirus
Predicted and actual death rate of minority groups relative to White British population

It estimates that the deaths of black Africans are 3.7 times higher than might be expected by geography and age, 2.9 times higher for Pakistanis and 1.8 for black Caribbean people (who are older on average than other minority groups).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52219070
Extremely iffy that
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by annies ->
don't worry such sensationalist reports are to prepare everyone for a police state. But it will be ok, you will all be safe from perceived threats.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2020, 08:42 AM

I know I am safe I live in a cotswold village .
I wouldn’t like to live in less salubrious areas where people have licence to ignore the law of the land .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Don't worry such sensationalist reports are to prepare everyone for a police state. But it will be ok, you will all be safe from perceived threats.
To be frank a police state has a very great deal going for it right now.

A police state that smashed down on the anarchists and assorted dross hiding behind the BLM rubbish and eliminated the mohammadan colonies that are presently being protected by legislation that was introduced to protect minorities than our present libertarian state.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
To be frank a police state has a very great deal going for it right now.

A police state that smashed down on the anarchists and assorted dross hiding behind the BLM rubbish and eliminated the mohammadan colonies that are presently being protected by legislation that was introduced to protect minorities than our present libertarian state.
That's okay Todger, until they pass a law that affects us that we don't like. You can't switch on and off a police state like turning on a light...Once they are here we will all lose our freedoms and it will become the norm.....
North Korea and Hong Kong spring to mind....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's okay Todger, until they pass a law that affects us that we don't like. You can't switch on and off a police state like turning on a light...Once they are here we will all lose our freedoms and it will become the norm.....
North Korea and Hong Kong spring to mind....
When you stop and think about it what real freedoms did we have even pre covid? Not that many.

Much of what I wanted to do, and for that matter still does require taking "extra-ordinary measures".

In any case, NK is far from being a police state, nor is HK.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We can do nothing if the police have one rule for one and one for another .
Why are they ( or their leaders ) so utterly spineless ?
We have tolerated the intolerable and this is the result .
The government ignores it.
Those in charge of the police ignore it.

The only people who seem to be concerned about it are us, the majority of the general population.

I read this morning that an illegal immigrant had been attacked by a member of the public in Kent.
If the authorities fail to protect us, it sounds like we might end up protecting ourselves!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top