Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:56 PM

Re: Civility, romance, and all the niceties...

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Me neither.
dOOd will think we must live in caves.
Oh my! ::faints from shock of lack of knowledge of 1980s pop culture::
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, l blame it all on when women burned their bras and got equality.

Look what happened, the women became masculine and the blokes were silently neutered!!

I think you have to go further back to find the cause - it's when we ditched the whalebone and crinolines! Women wearing sweatpants are obviously the reason high society declined!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh my! ::faints from shock of lack of knowledge of 1980s pop culture::

I was working hard, and had a young son to bring up on my own during the 80's Annie, so the pop world would have been the least of my worries.
I probably became a fossil too soon.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-08-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

And what’s wrong with being courteous and manners not just in speech but in actions .

Like holding a door for someone or giving them a seat .

Little courteous actions thta should IMO be second nature .

As a woman I like gentlemen in the true sense of the word it’s a shame they are getting rarer .
I have to say that it's not a man/woman thing which is the strong message coming through on this thread. Since when are women solely responsible for morals?

I have seen both Young men and young women offering seats, holding doors and being polite. It depends on local culture and what's acceptable. It's about boundaries ultimately. Every individual can change the behaviour of another by treating them with respect. I see a lot of kindness and respect in our society in the UK today. Very much more than when I was a child in the 70s. There was much sticking of two fingers at society then. That was a rebellion against too much repression. You need a bit of balance in society.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-08-2020, 10:13 PM

I was working hard, and had a young son to bring up on my own during the 80's Annie, so the pop world would have been the least of my worries.
I probably became a fossil too soon.
Yes but Mups they are classic 80s acts! You were a young lass at the time.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Surfermom, l blame it all on when women burned their bras and got equality.

Look what happened, the women became masculine and the blokes were silently neutered!!
Women wanted equality with men, which is obviously a great thing and long overdue, but weirdly quite a few women thought that meant emulating all the bad and stupid things men were doing. Society became the worse for it, really. The Ladettes threw out their femininity and self-respect and men, in turn, stopped showing respect and also had no interest in putting women first any more.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-08-2020, 10:18 PM

So is it all about sex?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:36 PM

Blokes with Girlie Haircuts.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Me neither.
dOOd will think we must live in caves.
Best place for yer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Best place for yer.

And you can pipe down as well Sir!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top