Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 08:52 PM

Re: Civility, romance, and all the niceties...

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I always hold open a door and allow a woman to pass through it before me. Not once have I had a woman say anything other than "thanks".
I got snarled at by a woman in Ottawa. It was at the Totem campus of my then employer. She sounded off about my thinking she was incapable of opening it herself - I kid you not. I just replied in my worst Russian and wandered off. Just as well she didn't understand what I told her!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I always hold open a door and allow a woman to pass through it before me. Not once have I had a woman say anything other than "thanks".
I am delighted to hear it there is this urban myth that woman scorn men who open the door for them .
It’s not true,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am delighted to hear it there is this urban myth that woman scorn men who open the door for them .
It’s not true,

Well I know I always appreciate it with a smile and a thank you, whether it be a man or a woman holding the door.
It's just common courtesy.
It's also common courtesy not to let a door slam in somebody's face in the first place.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top