Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:15 PM

Dealing with boredom

What I do if I get bored, stupid as it sounds, is to go drill some holes in spare bits of wood with the bench drill.

By the time I have set the bench drill up for position and height and drill speed. Then altered the bench vice to take the wood and selected a large flat type wood drill. By now boredom is out the window. Nothing more fascinating that seeing a 1/2" or bigger hole appear in a piece of wood.

I just wonder what others here do to alleviate boredom
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:24 PM

Re: Dealing with boredom

I'm never bored, there's always something I can find to do.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
and you do that to avoid boredom
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
and you do that to avoid boredom
Not at all, though I understand if you don't do a lot to help around the house or potter about in the garden you would get bored.

You could always take your dog for extra walks if you were at a loose end.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

29-09-2020, 11:43 PM

Not at all, though I understand if you don't do a lot to help around the house or potter about in the garden you would get bored.

You could always take your dog for extra walks if you were at a loose end.
Mags

this evening I was really cheesed of around 9.30pm TV was rubbish , camera batteries charged up- lens glass cleaned- too dark to take Teazle for a walk which I don't do anyway.Even the workshop had all the tools tidy and stowed away where I wanted them. So hole drilling takes away boredom. After drilling a couple of big holes there is nothing left.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:46 PM

Ditto. I’ve got so many hobbies and things to do.
Lazy is my biggest problem currently
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 11:52 PM

If I am ever bored there are always plenty of jobs in the garden. Or a new recipe to research and try out.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 06:26 AM

Can't remember the last time I was bored. My wife works full time in a demanding profession and she just likes to chill when she gets home. My son is a student and he's always busy. I am left with everything to do with the household. I do loads of cooking. That fills every one of my days and then some. If there's any time left over I get together with some mates and play music or go for a surf.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 06:35 AM

Same here and it certainly doesn't involve boring pointless holes in pieces of wood. I can't imagine being bored to be frank.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 06:38 AM

Play with cameras.
Go on OFF.
Go out for a walk.
Go to bed & read a book.
Go to bed & sleep.
If I wake early, I lie there remembering lyrics from old songs, then get up and google it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top