Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: Trick or Treat Banned

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Who no! ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I don't dislike animals in the least but bonfire night - WHOO YER!

BIG, AND I MEAN BIG bangs, rockets whooshing into the air, flickering bright lights from the old favourites -- bring 'em on! Just a shame some of the old favourites can't be found any more, Chinese Crackers (flip-flops) being one. I swear they used to follow you as you r
an, and the smells from the explosives and flares and goodness knows what on the bonfires. Wonderful!
Oh yes! I vaguely remember jumping jacks, helicopters were also banned due to their erratic behaviour. There was something very special about bonfire night in the garden, not to mention the anticipation when having a quick rummage through your box of fireworks beforehand. I can remember being quite wary going to and from school. Some little Herberts would take pleasure in lobbing bangers around at others.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
Oh yes! I vaguely remember jumping jacks, helicopters were also banned due to their erratic behaviour. There was something very special about bonfire night in the garden, not to mention the anticipation when having a quick rummage through your box of fireworks beforehand. I can remember being quite wary going to and from school. Some little Herberts would take pleasure in lobbing bangers around at others.
That was part of the fun! A banger in the hood of a Duffle Coat! Every egg a bird! Cheap rockets on the pavement too. And of course the "sugar and weedkiller" homemade things. I never tried to make one but saw the effects of one. Bloody incredible. Scared the blue blazes out of me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 04:52 PM

Hi

I like to see the littlies all dressed up and enjoying themselves.

I have only been here for two years, but never an issue, parents always around and the littlies always say thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
One of the worse things to be imported form America IMO
I think it’s a horrible custom .

Giving kids nasty sugary treats or else ?

I agree.
I don't open my door after dark anyway.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 06:13 PM

This year I think I might make up a big bucket of salad and place it two metres from my front door. Everyone gets a handful each and then on their merry way.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 06:24 PM

Hi

Well I have got £20 worth of sweets for the local littlies.

They will be outside the front door., so no door knocking and no marauding idiots.

The littlies will enjoy the sweets and we will enjoy the fun safely behind our windows.

The Local Mums are aware of our situation.

Everybody benefits.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 06:57 PM

Well Swimmy, I must say that a nice thing to do....good on you
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 02:22 AM

What is the point of teaching children dental hygiene when they associate a good time with being stuffed with sugar .
Not to mention laying down the foundations for future obesity !

They will all be bouncing off the walls .
No wonder so many are ADD.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 08:43 AM

Well...I'll get sweets in just in case they call but I doubt they will some people in our village put out big bowls of sweets so kids can take some....i know I go against the grain here but I think anything that brings the community together is good ...i know on occasions the trick bit in some areas is taken too far but I haven't experienced that so for me its sad that the kids won't have their fun this year
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
well...i'll get sweets in just in case they call but i doubt they will some people in our village put out big bowls of sweets so kids can take some....i know i go against the grain here but i think anything that brings the community together is good ...i know on occasions the trick bit in some areas is taken too far but i haven't experienced that so for me its sad that the kids won't have their fun this year

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top