Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 06:52 AM

Timely Reminders

One of my jobs is to deliver stuff to folks which requires me to keep records of addresses visited, these records are usually typed up at this time of morning. Rather than retype frequently visited addresses, I search the spreadsheet for previous records of the address and copy/paste it in. I'm never failed to be amazed at my perception of time in respect that I only expect the search to go back to last week to find the last time a visited an address because it only seems that long ago, but, just like this morning, one address I had to insert I was convinced I was at last week but, it turns out it was a month ago, one month, there are only twelve of them in a year.
Is there anything you do that makes you see time?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 06:58 AM

Re: Timely Reminders

The grey hairs on my sons head.
The fact that my children are no longer very young .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 07:05 AM

I am rarely gobsmacked Muddy, but the simplicity of typing this sheet everyday conjures up an image of a Jackdaw sitting on my shoulder.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 08:53 AM

Since lockdown the only indicator of time now is the Thursday Bin collection noises at the crack of sparrow fart..(early o clock) I am buggered when the don’t come....which is often.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 10:18 AM

I used to go out a few times a month on a Tuesday evening for a drink with former colleagues. Now we have a weekly zoom meeting where we drink beer and insult each other. We are all retired bar one, and the comment of "when did you retire?" came up.
It made us all stop and think. I was one of the last, four and a half years ago, yet it feels like last year.

Tuesdays come round far too quick, and time seems to be accelerating.

Make use of it whilst you can.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 04:35 PM

There is the odd day that can drag for me especially during bad weather but each Monday night I put out the bins I cant believe where the week has gone . ( sometimes I put out the wrong colour bin by mistake )

Time seems to fly and I was shocked to realise I retired 6 years ago. This year has flown by even though we had lockdown .

Why has time speeded up or is it that I've slowed down !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 04:39 PM

Time flies when you get older .
Or maybe you are having fun .
I hope it’s the latter .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 11:22 AM

I normally notice it when watching a series on TV. Sometimes I can't believe a whole week has passed by.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 10:34 PM

When time flies by it means a) you are not having any new experiences and b) you are not learning anything new.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-10-2020, 10:48 PM

Sometimes what a person thinks they know already needs reinforcing, before taking on any new information, things need to progress one Bit at a time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top