Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 04:54 PM

Re: A tale of derring-do

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I like tales of derring-do - and am old enough to remember when the initials BC meant 'before Christ'. Now they just mean Before Covid. Lack a day.

Our Vlad has been a fearless warrior in the past, Tabby, so I am optimistic he will conquer this attack too.

. . . . Mind you, he has been gone for some considerable time now.
I will take a look around . . .

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Bravo for owning up Sir.
Others also know knothing, but are either unaware of it, or won't admit it.
Dementia my beloved reminds me of that each day
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Dementia my beloved reminds me of that each day

A wise but brave lady indeed.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:56 AM

Part 2

Greetings Readers, Elfin Safety advisors and wildlife experts, we have to do a flash back to about 10 days ago..on the tv this is indicated but flashing zig zag effects which I am unable to replicate here..but if you are reading this on a tablet violently shaking your head left and right and your tablet up and down should give the desired effect, if you are using a Pc or laptop a blow to the head with something heavy should suffice. I understand that watching a Donald Trump interview may have a similar effect

Dementia my beloved, peace and blessings on her name and worth the camels, appears, and in a tone of voice that foretells of great disasters or something that will cost me lots, states, ‘We have Mice!’........

Now..Dementia is a city girl, she is not a wildlife expert...she wasn't even in the Brownies whereas I have seen more wild life under my foreskin….so I ask,
‘you have seen these meece personally then, my pearl of the orient?
These words of affection are normal in the Vlad household especially when we play Hide the Sausage in the master bedroom, I include them here in order to show the closeness we have.

‘Dont be an utter dick’ she retorts, ‘there is mouse shit by the cooker’ (She was a Grammar School Lass, she has a way with words), ‘ leave it to me cherub’ I reply.
Peeling myself off the Lazyboy and away from another riveting episode of Judge Judy.

Obviously being somewhat of an outdoor rugged type, face to face confrontation with wild animal droppings is something I am experienced in . I was a Cold War Warrior. And spent many military exercises in the woods and forests of Western Germany preparing to hold back Third Shock Army
(Note: No matter how many pep talks the officers gave you, how stiff the upper lip and how strong the British spirit, grit and determination was, it never quite got rid of the slight nagging feeling that 1 x British Corps vs 1 x Soviet Army wasn't exactly cricket.) and it makes your bowels loose..so every square inch of West Germany was a toilet, you couldn’t dig an hole anywhere without unveiling the results of a previous visit...it was hell out there!

So I venture into the kitchen, a place I try to avoid unless I need a beer, it’s full of what I Believe Are referred to as White Goods the same colour as wedding dresses not a coincidence I suspect,
There are machines in there with digital control panels that would not be out of place on the command deck of tge Star Trek Enterprise, I don’t mess with them!

But I am prepared.. with welders gloves..an old bush hat from a long forgotten posting fighting the Fuzzie Wuzzies along the Limpopo River, hiking boots, trousers taped around the ankles.. I even lit up my pipe with an ounce of best shag smouldering in it in order to lay down a smoke screen if I needed to retreat in a hurry, I could have easily been mistaken for John Blashford Snell

I was ready

In the next exciting episode ( now out in paperback at all good book stores)
Traps are laid.
(Advisory for the faint hearted this episode will mention plastic and the extinction of furry creatures)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-10-2020, 04:53 PM

Well now, what can I say after that?
I am brimming over with admiration and respect for your bravery, your gift for sensing danger and making sure you cover every possiility.

It is easy to see why you were such an excellent and fearless soldier.
Well done Sir.

I am sure when this present mission is successfully completed, HRH will insist on giving you a Knighthood. Don't be coy either, accept this honour with head high, you've earned it, and I applaud you.

Hmm . . Sir Vlad. Got a good ring to it, hasn't it.

Vlad
West Midlands UK

13-10-2020, 05:14 PM

yes I can live with that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 05:43 PM

I'm looking at this from a completely different angle and maybe an opportunity to earn a few bob along the way. It is a little known fact that in my spare time (when I'm not eating or asleep on the sofa), I make little wooden doors that fit into the skirting board enabling Meecies to retire safely to the comfort of their own wall cavity to watch TV. I also make and sell tiny electric table lamps, sofas and wash basins. I had some brochures printed, listing my products but they keep getting eaten.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

13-10-2020, 06:16 PM

You are not helping you know! An offer of WMD’s, flame throwers, grenades might have been more acceptable, but supporting the opposition? It’s not on old chap.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You are not helping you know! An offer of WMD’s, flame throwers, grenades might have been more acceptable, but supporting the opposition? It’s not on old chap.
I was thinking perhaps a game of football on Christmas day, it can be arranged.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-10-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was thinking perhaps a game of football on Christmas day, it can be arranged.

What are you on about man? Mice playing football?
Have you been on the lemonade again?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top