Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 07:45 PM

Re: Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

I detest supermarkets and BC (before Covid) only ever used them for cleaning stuff and tinned or dried food. However - I have been pleasantly by Sainsbury's. They turn up on time, they give the option of 'loose' fruit and veg which has, so far, been excellent. The delivery men are cheerful and help by putting the shopping as near to my door as they can without breaching regulations, and they always bring anything chilled/frozen first.

When it comes to meat/poultry I am fortunate enough to have a really good family butcher nearby. All he stocks is local produced - and he delivers free to the over 70s or those in the 'at risk' category.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:09 PM

I can understand how the service of online deliveries would be very helpful to those who have mobility problems or are afraid to go out and into the store. But I love shopping in our local Tesco, I always have a chat with the staff and it's surprising how many friends and neighbours I bump into while perusing the isle's.

I even walk the mile and a half to the store if I don't have any heavy items to buy (Spuds and Milk) and I will continue to do so as long as I am able. Use it or lose it is my motto.....

I would never shop in Sainsbury's though, not since they decided to expand from the retail industry and delve into 'Black History Month' and setting aside special rooms for all of their black colleagues which is tantamount to segregation. Their response to their unusual move was; "If you don't like their ethics, you can shop somewhere else".....Provided they also have a 'Polish History Month' followed by a 'Chinese History Month' and a 'British history Month' I will take their advice and take my custom elsewhere. If that's not 'Racist' I don't know what is!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can understand how the service of online deliveries would be very helpful to those who have mobility problems or are afraid to go out and into the store. But I love shopping in our local Tesco, I always have a chat with the staff and it's surprising how many friends and neighbours I bump into while perusing the isle's.

I even walk the mile and a half to the store if I don't have any heavy items to buy (Spuds and Milk) and I will continue to do so as long as I am able. Use it or lose it is my motto.....

I would never shop in Sainsbury's though, not since they decided to expand from the retail industry and delve into 'Black History Month' and setting aside special rooms for all of their black colleagues which is tantamount to segregation. Their response to their unusual move was; "If you don't like their ethics, you can shop somewhere else".....Provided they also have a 'Polish History Month' followed by a 'Chinese History Month' and a 'British history Month' I will take their advice and take my custom elsewhere. If that's not 'Racist' I don't know what
is!

Good grief Foxy, I didn't know anything about this?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:24 PM

I would never shop in Sainsbury's though, not since they decided to expand from the retail industry and delve into 'Black History Month' and setting aside special rooms for all of their black colleagues which is tantamount to segregation. Their response to their unusual move was; "If you don't like their ethics, you can shop somewhere else".....Provided they also have a 'Polish History Month' followed by a 'Chinese History Month' and a 'British history Month' I will take their advice and take my custom elsewhere. If that's not 'Racist' I don't know what is!
Exactly. This is apartheid in all but name.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Foxy, I didn't know anything about this?
It's all over twitter Mups... A bloody disgrace... Old man Sainsbury must be turning in his grave...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-10-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Exactly. This is apartheid in all but name.
Yep, just not on Judd.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:33 PM

It's all over twitter Mups... A bloody disgrace... Old man Sainsbury must be turning in his grave...

Oh, I don't do twitter, so wouldn't know.

As I have said before, I don't think BLM want equality, they want to rule instead and make us pay for the past.
Anyway, this is off topic - sorry.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 09:33 PM

I often go to Tesco at 7pm and I get 45p french sticks for 11p. I grab a few and put them in the freezer, when they come out the freezer they are fresh again.........voila!

I used to think it was scruffy to do that then thought sod it, why not. Trouble is I have to fight with the asian people to get them and if they get in my way I just bonk them over the head with a large frenchie...........not really lol, well bonking them over the had I don't anyway.

You can get cakes and buns to for 10p, I give them to my great aunts children they don't mind.

Shame on me? Nar, I don't think so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-10-2020, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh, I don't do twitter, so wouldn't know.

As I have said before, I don't think BLM want equality, they want to rule instead and make us pay for the past.
Anyway, this is off topic - sorry.
Yes, I'm sorry for going off topic too Mups.... It deserves a thread of it's own....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:10 PM

I agree, but not with the Twitter bit, that is just lazy.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top