Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:15 PM

Re: Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can understand how the service of online deliveries would be very helpful to those who have mobility problems or are afraid to go out and into the store. But I love shopping in our local Tesco, I always have a chat with the staff and it's surprising how many friends and neighbours I bump into while perusing the isle's.

I even walk the mile and a half to the store if I don't have any heavy items to buy (Spuds and Milk) and I will continue to do so as long as I am able. Use it or lose it is my motto.....

I would never shop in Sainsbury's though, not since they decided to expand from the retail industry and delve into 'Black History Month' and setting aside special rooms for all of their black colleagues which is tantamount to segregation. Their response to their unusual move was; "If you don't like their ethics, you can shop somewhere else".....Provided they also have a 'Polish History Month' followed by a 'Chinese History Month' and a 'British history Month' I will take their advice and take my custom elsewhere. If that's not 'Racist' I don't know what is!
That's another matter OGF and sadly I am unable to comment further.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I agree, but not with the Twitter bit, that is just lazy.

What is lazy Spitty?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I cannot get my head round these.

I am not the most organised and often forget things.
I agree, I have tried the woollies delivery service once during the lockdown and they turned up as specified with everything I ordered.

Before the pandemic I used to go shopping everyday as I live within a few minutes walk of both a Coles and a Woolworths (I leave Aldi to the people who like having their food thrown at them).

The problem for me is the $50 minimum order for a delivery. I never used to get that much and it requires far more forward planning than I am capable of.

These days my supermarket visits are governed by when I run out of milk which tends to be about every 4 days because I buy the 3 litre bottle of milk.

In my LGA or the Health District we haven't had a case of Covid for weeks. I suppose it is easy to get complacent.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...ats-local.aspx
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 12:22 AM

Hi

I like the social contact and a bit of banter.

It is good to get out
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Foxy, I didn't know anything about this?
Neither did I !
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 09:21 AM

I have been using on line shopping since the start of lockdown and loving it..no more standing behind coffin dodgers in the veg aisle counting the number of cloves on a garlic head or trying to get around them when they travel two abreast at the speed of a striking snail, or listen to the mathematical conversation on whether it’s cheaper to but two small loaves or one large loaf.

Online shopping for me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 10:07 AM

I use Sainsbury’s online shopping and am very satisfied with them. I think I must be first on their deliveries list as I never have to wait more than 5-10 mins in my allotted slot.

Everything has been fresh, well dated ahead ahead, the veg and fruit have all been to my liking. I give full marks to the pickers and packers.

The delivery drivers are friendly and very polite, always ask if we are coping alright.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:44 AM

Yesterday, I received my third online grocery delivery from Tesco. It’s an experiment. I usually go shopping on Saturday morning, but have lately become decreasingly enthusiastic about doing it. So far, the trial has been relatively successful. There have been one or two minor problems, but nothing serious enough to tempt me back to doing my shopping in person.

Most of the niggles I have are to do with the ordering process. I find it puzzling how some staple items, that are always available in the store, become mysteriously unavailable online, despite my requirement for them being two weeks in the future. It was milk on this latest occasion. I only use one pint per week, so that is all I buy. When I submitted this week’s order, which was over a week ago, one-pint containers of milk were “unavailable at this time”. I tried, several times between then and yesterday, to amend my order to include the milk, but it remained inexplicably unavailable at those times, also.

Had the subject of this anomaly been slightly less trivial than milk, I would probably be hatching a conspiracy theory about it by now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 11:54 AM

Maybe because the goods ordered online are supplied from a different warehouse for those that supply shops
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Maybe because the goods ordered online are supplied from a different warehouse for those that supply shops
No, I asked the driver. The order comes from an actual store, about 5 miles from where I live. It is a large store, and I find it very unlikely that they would not have any one pint containers of milk available. Especially when they have had over a week's notice of its requirement.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top