Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 03:38 PM

Covid in Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon warns Scots against travel to Blackpool

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54538028

People from Scotland have been warned against travelling to Blackpool after it was linked to a "large and growing" number of Scottish coronavirus cases. About 180 Scots have tested positive for the virus in the past month after travelling to the seaside town.

Coronavirus cases have been surging in Scotland in recent weeks, with a further 1,429 positive tests being recorded on Wednesday. A further 15 deaths of people who had tested positive have also been registered.

She said trips to Blackpool - and in particular coach parties - had been linked to "a large and growing number of cases" of the virus in Scotland, with a specific incident management team set up to deal with them. Over the past month, around 180 people have told contact tracing teams that they had recently been in the Lancashire holiday resort, with 94 of them in the past week. Ms Sturgeon said the town was being "mentioned in Test and Protect conversations far more than any other location outside of Scotland", with a particular concern about coach trips.

She said she knew many people would have trips planned for the half-term holidays in October, but said: "If you don't have to travel right now, do not travel. Ms Sturgeon singled out football fans in particular, saying supporters of Rangers and Celtic should not travel south to watch Saturday's derby match between the Glasgow rivals. Police in England had already warned Old Firm fans about making a cross-border visit for the match while pubs and bars in Glasgow are closed.
Good for Nicola .....

to BJ .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 03:53 PM

Re: Covid in Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon warns Scots against travel to Blackpool

Perhaps roadblocks across all southbound roads between Scotland and England might be in order for the next few days. After all, we have a big enough problem with C-19 as it is without having to put up with the wee Krankie's version as well.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 04:07 PM

Yes I agree with the road blocks and people from infected areas moving about the country spreading the virus. We had enough of that when all those motor homes from South thought they had nothing better to do than drive up here and isolate in our Highlands. Bringing their virus with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-51990534

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...ighlands-park/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes I agree with the road blocks and people from infected areas moving about the country spreading the virus. We had enough of that when all those motor homes from South thought they had nothing better to do than drive up here and isolate in our Highlands. Bringing their virus with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-51990534

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...ighlands-park/
Unbelievable isn't it Roxy. I believe all travel in and out of one's own area during this pandemic (unless in an urgent emergency) should be banned. Perhaps hefty fines might stop them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 08:33 PM

She should add Cleethorpes to that list. There's no covid there, it's just crap!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 08:39 PM

To my mind it's just crazy, it could work the other way around and you go to an area for the day and you catch the virus there. Take it home and infect your household and goodness knows who else as you go about your daily business, before the signs kick in.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 11:32 PM

Spot on Roxy...I agree
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 08:46 AM

To be honest, I thought Nicola Sturgeon was handling the virus as good as anybody else....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

15-10-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
To be honest, I thought Nicola Sturgeon was handling the virus as good as anybody else....
She's doing her best Foxy, she's doing her best. Personally I'd hate to be in any of the World Leaders shoes at the moment. No matter what rules they put in place you will upset some groups of the people. Then you have the idiot rebels who will defy and break the rules....Just because they feel like it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-10-2020, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
She's doing her best Foxy, she's doing her best. Personally I'd hate to be in any of the World Leaders shoes at the moment. No matter what rules they put in place you will upset some groups of the people. Then you have the idiot rebels who will defy and break the rules....Just because they feel like it.
Here! Here! Roxy....I think most people are going to catch the virus eventually no matter what we do....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top