Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:12 PM

What!

When I logged in this morning I looked at the New Posts page and there were TEN topics from the Brexit Forum on the first page.

What on earth can be said about Brexit that hasn't been said over and over again in this forum? Absolutely fascinating, considering Britain is leaving at the beginning of next year no matter what.

With the world still at the beginning of a pandemic this is the most important topic?

What will you talk about next year?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: What!

Personally? nothing probably.

Not that nothing exists.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:30 PM

"What will you talk about next year?'

Same thing most likely, it won't be over till the fat lady is dead.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:31 PM

You're quite right of course Brucie ...

Between Brexit and threads about Covid .... I've gone off forums and been driven to taking up new interests to improve myself.
Chemistry? Physics? No ... I am rediscovering the infantile art of making paper aeroplanes.

What will I talk about next year?
Well ..assuming the design prototype goes well I'll be wracking my brains trying to invent an eco-friendly fuel for my plane.

Yeh, I know .... sad aren't I.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 11:13 PM

I must say, l find the sight of all the Covid 19 threads in the ‘General’ section, depressing. Sometimes, they make me not want to log on as l need cheering, not lose the will to live.

Yes, l know it is a current subject but it would be good if they had their own designated section like the Brexit threads were eventually transferred to.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 11:18 PM

I have had that thought more times than you've had hot dinners Bruce. But I just accept it because this is a UK centric forum. I don't want to know about Brexit any more. It is irrelevant to me. It's not my business. So I just don't comment. End of (my) story
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 05:48 AM

There's nothing more boring than people obsessing over Brexit over and over and over again.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:38 AM

I never have been one to comment on Brexit very much. I cast my vote at the time and didn't feel the need to spend lots of time justifying it. I mean, once the vote is cast, what good does all the talking and armchair politics do?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:56 AM

Hi

We voted Leave and years later it is about to happen.

It is a big thing here in the UK, but as has been said boring to many.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:57 AM

I know nothing about Brexit except that it gets people fighting. Add all the COVID 19 categories makes this place super serious

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top