Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 06:14 AM

Re: What are they saying ?

Questions like this one bakerman assume (in the case of this Forum for example) that people who have been round the block, have held the same opinions (and prejudices maybe) for their whole lifetime, that may not be the case.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 06:17 AM

Sometimes statistics are more visible than attire.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-10-2020, 06:26 AM

Even Hardwired folks are subject to solder deterioration.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Questions like this one bakerman assume (in the case of this Forum for example) that people who have been round the block, have held the same opinions (and prejudices maybe) for their whole lifetime, that may not be the case.

No, I definitely do not make that assumption. All I assume is that many times, but not all the time, people make a statement about who they are or how they feel at a certain time.

I most certainly do not believe that we can tell what politics, for example, a person holds.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s Prince Michael of Kent .
I met him once many years ago when he was youngEr and looked very like the last Tsar of Russia .
Hardly surprising. The whole lot are inbred with all the consequences that come with consanguinity.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
No, I definitely do not make that assumption. All I assume is that many times, but not all the time, people make a statement about who they are or how they feel at a certain time.

I most certainly do not believe that we can tell what politics, for example, a person holds.
Well I firmly believe that the appearance of a person tells a very great deal about the nature of the person.

Take that arschloch Burnham for example. Low life low brow devious creep written all over him. David Cameron - a weak spear carrier but not a leader in a million years. As for Ed Davey, obviously a man of principles - just as was the Vicar of Bray.

As for BoJo, I see a highly intelligent man but who prefers to have fun rather than get deep and dirty into things.

Me? Take away the beard from Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin and you have me. At least that's what my wife has always said so I'll leave it up to others to judge my personality and nature. Maybe it's my Russian genes!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 02:00 PM

Just to be pedantic and raise a point of order, we do not wear `suites`, we sit on those as in a 3-piece suite. We wear suits.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-10-2020, 10:49 PM

Yes Judd, one rarely sees a discarded three piece Suit, at the side of the road.
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 07:52 PM

I once frequented a pub in Cardiff city centre on a sunday and one sunday the landlord wasn't to be seen, very unusual, and when I asked where I was I informed that he was resting as he had had a glass smashed on his head the previous day, the person who started the ruckus was described as the last person you would expect to cause trouble as he was in a suit with a collar and tie. A troublemaker disguised as a non-troublemaker, appearances can create an image that is also deceptive.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by welshlion ->
I once frequented a pub in Cardiff city centre on a sunday and one sunday the landlord wasn't to be seen, very unusual, and when I asked where I was I informed that he was resting as he had had a glass smashed on his head the previous day, the person who started the ruckus [B]was described as the last person you would expect to cause trouble as he was in a suit with a collar and tie.[/B[ A troublemaker disguised as a non-troublemaker, appearances can create an image that is also deceptive.
Yes, there are exceptions to everything. Example: most people who are driving on the highways are not drunk, but there is always going to be some idiot who does not care one bit about the lives of others.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top