Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Re: Is there a Geologist (or Mathematician) on here

Don't worry Jazzi, all the water on the Earth is the same water that's always been here so we're all re-cycling it!
I don't know about oil but we've had some sink holes around here, mostly caused by coal mines, so I think someone should be going around filling up holes!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Don't worry Jazzi, all the water on the Earth is the same water that's always been here so we're all re-cycling it!
I don't know about oil but we've had some sink holes around here, mostly caused by coal mines, so I think someone should be going around filling up holes!
That's exactly what worries me, Twiz!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:32 PM

It wont be long before we're all driving electric vehicles so the problem wont arise.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Twizard;585387]

Good idea to fill them in Twiz before a real tragedy happens, but with all the restrictions on getting rid of rubbish what would they fill them in with?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
About three years ago, on another forum, I posted a thread called The Void, in which I vexed the question, where is all this liquid fuel coming from (petrochemical). At that point in time I worked out that since taking up driving (1979), in volume, I personally had used 48 cubic metres of petrol, the equivalent of the volume of my living room, and in the ensuing three years, i have probably used the volume of our downstairs Loo. First off, if that is just my consumption, extrapolate that usage across the good folks of planet earth, and more importantly, what is going to fill this friggin great void.
There's a big semi that comes along at night with lots of petrol and fills a tank under the petrol station up again. I've watched them do it when they thought no one was watching, no need to worry about a void. You can rest easy tonight.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top