Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 06:07 AM

Feel very sad doing this thread......

....this will explain why.

Zelda (not a name I chose)

was 1 of 9 pups in my Tilly’s Litter, a feisty pup with loads of personality; she was the 2nd one to leave at 9 weeks old.
The person that bought her lived locally but in a posh area lol. I saw her a lot in the park and she always knew me always ready for a fuss from me.
Her owner loved her she was ‘her World’ she was her first GSD and they went everywhere together.
I was always proud of the fact that she went to such a loving caring home.
That was 4 years ago this month.

Well was I in for a shock yesterday when she rang me and asked if I knew anyone that would take Zelda on. She told me she had re-married and now lives in Nottingham her husband already has a dog and there is no room for Zelda.
It was like a huge slap in the face, “I said to her “what happened to Zelda being ‘Your World’ does she no longer fit in”.
It’s a good job she spoke on the phone to me because if it was face to face I would have hit her
I had to calm myself down and be nice because I don’t want this lovely girl re-homed to just anyone, so I agreed to take on the task of finding her a new forever home as soon as possible
At the moment Zelda is still living close to me with her daughter who is due to move into a new flat on 28th of February and she isn’t allowed to take a dog there.
I would have her in a heartbeat but we don’t have the room and her Mum Tilly hates her if you know Anyone that is looking for the perfect GSD could you ask them to look at this post please and just let me know. thanks

So it is with a heavy heart that i am doing this
Bailey’s Sister. Zelda...
is a Sable GSD female looking for a forever home she is
4 years and 2 months old,
She loves people/children/and dogs, she's a very sociable girl not sure about cat's tho I will find out.
her recall is good, done all the basic training maybe more i will find out,
she's been spayed and up to date with vaccs, not chipped tho but owner said she will get her chipped if new owner wants her to. Travels well
no health issues at all.

taken 1 year ago Zelda is the one nearest to you
(My Bailey is in the background)

Zelda today
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 11:02 AM

Re: Feel very sad doing this thread......

I can hear your anguish in your post.

It explains exactly why I could never, ever, ever, ever contemplate being responsible for dogs or cats being born into the world. If you breed, then the responsibility lies only with you for whatever happens to those animals through their lives. And seeing as the trend appears to be that more and more human to human relationships are treated as transient and temporary, it's unsuprising that human commitment to animals is also treated as something which can be turned on its head to suit the vaguaries of the individual.
I've re-read that and it sounds harsh on you, and anyone who has bred animals. I don't wish to do that - for without breeders where would my non-breeding pets come? It is not an easy situation though - one answer is that there are probably far too many pets around and far too many people who have them and shouldn't. Not an easy circle to square.

I hope you find a solution to your situation.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 11:06 AM

I saw this thread on Dogsey, I am so sorry you are in this awful position, I really hope Zelda finds a lovely home soon where she will be appreciated.

This is one of the reasons I didn't ever go into breeding (more than the two litters I have had in 35 years).

Some people need shooting. I can never understand how they can bear to part with their pets.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 12:38 PM

The heartaches of a breeder and I would be so very sad as well.

She sounds like a dream for someone to take on, being so social and trained in ways that helps a new owner so much. They are a smart and wonderful breed. Good Luck in your search, I'm sure it won't take long.
Hilary Bradshaw
St. Helens, Merseyside
Hilary Bradshaw is female  Hilary Bradshaw has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Paws n Claws have a home waiting for her Karen, we have a waiting list for gsd,s and I have a couple looking for a dog just like Zelda.
call me!
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hilary Bradshaw ->
Paws n Claws have a home waiting for her Karen, we have a waiting list for gsd,s and I have a couple looking for a dog just like Zelda.
call me!
will do Hilary

thanks everyone

although i am not a 'Breeder' as such, it was just a 1 off.

never again
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 04:25 PM

Some people make me so mad!
plainjane
Worcs
plainjane is female 

16-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Will people ever learn that a dog is for life???
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 05:16 PM

I used to friendly with a lady who did cat rescue-she had no money but a big heart.

The tales of reasons for folk deciding to get rid of their (cats in this case) beggar belief. One was because his colour didn`t fit with the new decoration-I don`t make this stuff up you know
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 05:34 PM

How very sad. I simply cannot grasp the mind-set of a person who would do that, a cat or dog is a family member for life. Poor Zelda, I do hope she'll find the forever home she deserves.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top