Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Re: The Steel Industry

I feel one of my `sardonic` moments-look at Sheffield. What was British Steel became a bloody great shopping centre.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 06:44 PM

lols MeadowHell? You jest
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I feel one of my `sardonic` moments-look at Sheffield. What was British Steel became a bloody great shopping centre.
Sheffield has a great many problems - not all of them down to the lack of a steel industry - some could be alleviated by a change of direction from the local council who seem hell bent on destroying their city.

The steel industry has gone and aint coming back, we have to find other means of employment.
I think the Government bailed out the banks because they had no choice and also they expect to get their money back someday, Lord knows when !!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 07:20 PM

It's just one of the steps in the dismantling of the country along with Thatcher's dismantling of coal mines and so on. When the conditions are right, the people will take back their country and start these industries back up.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top