Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 12:49 AM

worth a look...

This is worth a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEw-sdlLsE

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 05:56 AM

Re: worth a look...

I've never known anyone with that disease but I imagine it's very distressing.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've never known anyone with that disease but I imagine it's very distressing.
It is distressing not just for the sufferer but also for the people closest to them ..IE family and friends
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 11:26 AM

One of the people who work with my son has a child with CF . It is a horrible condition .
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

31-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Well the truth is the young man in the video is my son...he is 22 years old and at the moment in hospital 55 miles from home and his family .....I also had a brother with the condition who died when he was 5 ....I have put the video on other web sites and also sent a copy to my M.P as I blame the welfare reforms for aggravating his condition, but that is another story ....
PS I am in the pictures as well so you can see me now ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Well the truth is the young man in the video is my son...he is 22 years old and at the moment in hospital 55 miles from home and his family .....I also had a brother with the condition who died when he was 5 ....I have put the video on other web sites and also sent a copy to my M.P as I blame the welfare reforms for aggravating his condition, but that is another story ....
PS I am in the pictures as well so you can see me now ....
Steve that must be very hard for you getting to visit you son.
I hope he is home soon.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 06:16 PM

Someone I knew had two children with this illness both died in the early twenties,the girl married and had a child then became so ill she was given the chance of a lung transplant unfortunately she didn't survive the operation..I remember the treatment the children had to go through .
I'm sorry to hear you have a son with it UKmartin .
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2013, 07:01 PM

must be so very worrying.....bless all of your family
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

31-10-2013, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Steve that must be very hard for you getting to visit you son.
I hope he is home soon.
Unfortunately I will not see him till next Thursday it costs me at least £20 a time for petrol I would like to see him more but it just isn't feasible...fortunately with the power of the internet we have Skype and Facebook plus he has his mobile phone and with the Free wi-fi at the hospital we can at least keep in touch ...the main thing is he can keep in touch with his partner and chat to his step daughter every night as she wont go to be until she has spoken to him..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top