Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Re: Back after a very nasty fall

Shirley darlin' - am so pleased to know you're back and well on the road to recovery after your unfortunate accident.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:39 PM

Shirley, how brave you are.
So sorry to hear of your accident .. how on earth did you manage to do so much damage to yourself? (but you don't have to answer that )
Bet your husband is shaken up too.
Hubby and I both send our best wishes for a full recovery.
Love and hugs, Jan xx
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:44 PM

What a terrible experience for you Shirley, I hope you get back to yourself soon and your confidence is fully restored, good luck to you.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:44 PM

So sorry to hear about your dreadful accident but I am pleased to hear you are on the road to recovery.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:46 PM

Hi Uncle Joe and Janela,

I don't have a problem answering your question Janela, I was rushing round as I usually was I bent down to pick my gorgeous cat Samantha up as she needed to be given her antibiotic and as I bent down she moved I leaned forward to get her before she ran off lost my balance and went face first straight into the solid wooden coffee table.

When I think about it so much more could have happened as I split my face from the bridge of my nose down to the top of my lip and from under my eyes downwards, if you understand.

Everyone is pleased with the stitching it is healing very well, I am putting bio oil on about three times a day as I was told this would help with the scaring.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 12:54 PM

Lovely to see you back Shirley and so sorry you have gone through such an awful time. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better hope that continues and you make a full recovery.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 01:06 PM

Thank you for all your lovely comments it is so nice to be able to chat to people again. I felt so cut off from everyone and as you can understand going out people seeing my face was a bit awful at first as you can image some may have thought I had been in a fight or battered.

But whenever I go out I hold my head high or as far as I can with having head, neck and back problems because of the fall, as I tell myself I am better off than some people.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 01:33 PM

so sorry to hear about your terrible accident Shirley...it must have been very frightening for you ...bio oil is great for helping to reduce scarring...take care
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2013, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I had a very nasty fall at home where I slipped and managed to smash my face into a heavy wooden coffee table.

I was in hospital for five days where I had to have my nose and all across my face stitched back on. To be told I was a very lucky person and that the damage was not more severe. I also had damage to my right leg and right arm.

I have had the last 12 weeks trying to recover from my injuries. I have come back to work for a couple of hours each day to start off with as my recovery period is between 12 - 18 months.

During this time off I have had numerous visits to doctors/hospital/physio appointments which I have to say I have been well looked after and treated with the upmost courtesy by all who I have seen. I still have to have all these appointments even though back at work and will have for the foreseeable future.
Oh my you have had a traumatic time and what injuries you suffered.

It is good to hear that you are recovering slowly but surely, and also heartening to hear that you have been well looked after.

Keep up the good work and take each day at a time.

My best wishes to you.
shirley
Gloucestershire

11-11-2013, 02:34 PM

Thank you Pats and Lavender, I must admit I did put my husband through it.
I am usually a jolly person but this did knock me sidewards and will take it slowly as I am learning what I expect and what happens healthwise is totally different.

Only working until two today so please forgive me if I don't answer your comments until tomorrow.

By for now

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top