Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 11:06 PM

Re: The common cold.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mark, didn't you also suspect you were coming down with summat?
Well the sniffles lasted a few days but went then, funnily enough after a good dose of whisky .

Wouldn't mind a cold or something now as that would give me the excuse to imbibe and to stop running . Ran tonight like an old man with aches and pains here there and everywhere. Whisky yes that would sure help right now, trouble is there ain't any in the house. Oh well, probably a good thing too...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 12:46 AM

Perhaps you've been over-exciting your adrenaline?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I meant to ask this question before but it slipped my mind, only now that I feel one coming on does it remind me.
Have they found a cure for the common cold yet?, seems I've been hearing since I was a child that they have not found a cure for the common cold, have they even found a cure for a Royal cold yet? If there is no cure why are there so many advertisements for cold remedies?, who's having who on here I wonder.
Probably never will because it is a virus that changes all the time otherwise you would only get a cold once in your life or could be wiped out like the small pox virus.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 08:04 AM

There are supposed to be at least 50 cold virus so the chances for a cure are slim. At least the cold itself doesn't kill you. Its something to keep your defence system working and keeping other things away from you.
At my age I think I have had most of those colds when younger as I don't really get colds now. Haven't had one for over 5 years. Because I don't smoke they have never gone on my chest which I know they do from experiencing my friends colds. Good luck with yours
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well the sniffles lasted a few days but went then, funnily enough after a good dose of whisky .

Wouldn't mind a cold or something now as that would give me the excuse to imbibe and to stop running . Ran tonight like an old man with aches and pains here there and everywhere. Whisky yes that would sure help right now, trouble is there ain't any in the house. Oh well, probably a good thing too...

Mark matey you're not doing it right - whisky (and Brandy) are to be taken as a PREVENTATIVE to stop you getting the virus in the first place - no germs and viruses can survive in alcohol!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Mark matey you're not doing it right - whisky (and Brandy) are to be taken as a PREVENTATIVE to stop you getting the virus in the first place - no germs and viruses can survive in alcohol!!!
You might be onto something there - maybe we should all pickle ourselves in whisky and brandy!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
You might be onto something there - maybe we should all pickle ourselves in whisky and brandy!

Sounds good to me Karen !!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sounds good to me Karen !!!
Even if it didn't work, it'd be a case of: who cares
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-11-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
even if it didn't work, it'd be a case of: Who cares

precisely!!!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Got a cold ? Best let nature take it's course.
That's the answer Alan Coole..... all the over-the counter 'remedies' do is relieve the symptoms while the body's own natural defences fight the virus.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top