Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 11:59 PM

Re: Memory Loss

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Pats, this report looks similar ....

http://www.healixcentre.co.uk/newsle...p?cod_news=131

I just had a read of that link Mags, and you're right, it looks about the same, but that's not where I read it. How odd.
The magazine I saw it in was:

www.wddty.com if that's any use?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2013, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I just had a read of that link Mags, and you're right, it looks about the same, but that's not where I read it. How odd.
The magazine I saw it in was:

www.wddty.com if that's any use?
It is odd, isn't it Interesting article though...
GoldenYears
Japan
GoldenYears is male  GoldenYears has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 01:24 AM

Yes, I believe stress and some lifestyles cause memory loss, along with sleeping difficulties. Some people are in situations which they find difficult or even impossible to change.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenYears ->
Yes, I believe stress and some lifestyles cause memory loss, along with sleeping difficulties. Some people are in situations which they find difficult or even impossible to change.
That's the situation I've been in for the past few years. It was explained to me (this is not verbatim - remember the subject heading ) that the brain cannot cope with all the demands that come with stress and lack of sleep so it will 'shut down' areas it considers unimportant and short term memory tends to be one of the first to get shut down or reduced.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:32 PM

Its true, I've experienced it past few weeks .....
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 06:01 PM

My son, as I have mentioned in the past, is dyslexic and has severe short term memory problems. Have to admit that there have been moments when this has had amusing results, but generally it is just flippin' frustrating. Drives me nuts, for instance, if I have asked him to do something, and he has responded yes, but was not actually concentrating on what I was saying but is instead concentrating on what he was planning to do next, then it is practically guaranteed that he will immediately forget what it was I asked him to do.

My problem though, and am sure many other members can agree, is that dreadful moment, mid sentence, when a word/name disappears somewhere between brain and mouth? You open mouth to say it, and its gone, kaput disappeared. And don't you feel foolish??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 07:37 PM

The answer to your last question - yes ......
Regarding your son, sounds like a typical man, they just dont listen half the time
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 08:05 PM

My mother had dementure, largely undiagnosed, during the couple of years leading up to her death. We all coped with that up to a point. The most difficult thing to understand was the short term memory loss she experienced in her last few months.
Either myself or my brother or sister went to see her every day in her sheltered accommodation, which she refused to leave right up until the end.

Imagine, waking up and not knowing who you were or where you were. Three times a day care workers came in to assist. Sometimes she welcomed them, sometimes she threw them out.
Sometimes becoming paranoid & accusing them of stealing, of all things, her goldfish. Mother started hiding rolls of £200 or £300 in between books or under her mattress.

She could remember songs from years back, when she was quite well known locally as a singer in clubs & pubs. She never gave up her make up , hairdo’s & long fingernails, painted red of course.

In constant pain from a crumbling spine we had her stay with us on a Saturday & she enjoyed singing old songs with us on YouTube. Just for a moment her smile faded & she gave me a long , long , look, Great tears welled up in her eyes & dropped to the floor. The look said “I can’t live like this any more”

My brother & sister visited her the next day and were greeted with a big smile and a chirpy “Good, you can make me a nice cup of tea”. When they returned from the kitchen she was gone, passed away , quietly , still smiling.

Life compensates in the end. I truly believe she's with my dear Dad forever young.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2013, 08:09 PM

Touched me that did RJ .....
I'm going through similar times with a dear neighbour, shes heading that way, not fully there yet .... seems to be speeding up recently ......
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 09:28 PM

i have tears in my eyes as i read this Robert...my own mother had Alzheimer
for at least 6 years .she was one of the kindest people you could meet ,always smiling and singing...but that illness robbed her of everything...it was heartbreaking ...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top