Join for free
Page 106 of 106 « First < 6 56 96 104 105 106
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 08:04 PM

Re: Corrie

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The only policeman I remember from Corrie is Betty Turpin's husband Cyril (can't remember who played him) but I don't think it could have been him as he would be too old now.
I just thought some of the fans would like to know Mags, I always wondered who the banker was in Deal or no Deal and when I looked it up I came across this, maybe it's the same fella.

"THE mysterious banker on Noel Edmond's' Channel 4 show Deal Or No Deal has been revealed as a former Coronation Street actor.

Glenn Hugill, who played policeman Alan Mc Kenna in the soap, is the hidden voice on the end of the phone, according to the Daily Mirror.
Viewers can neither see nor hear him as he offers contestants cash to quit the game.
Programme bosses have refused to reveal his identity.

But inside infor: "Glenn makes his deals with help from two other executives. A computer works out what to offer but he makes the final decision.

"It's a vital role - he makes the contestants agonise over decisions, and that's what makes it so popular."

Hugill 41 appeared in Coronation Street in 1996/97 as the policeman boyfriend of hairdresser Fiona Middleton, played by Angela Griffin.
The Darlington born actor and presenter is credited as a series producer on Deal Or No Deal"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I just thought some of the fans would like to know Mags, I always wondered who the banker was in Deal or no Deal and when I looked it up I came across this, maybe it's the same fella.

"THE mysterious banker on Noel Edmond's' Channel 4 show Deal Or No Deal has been revealed as a former Coronation Street actor.

Glenn Hugill, who played policeman Alan Mc Kenna in the soap, is the hidden voice on the end of the phone, according to the Daily Mirror.
Viewers can neither see nor hear him as he offers contestants cash to quit the game.
Programme bosses have refused to reveal his identity.

But inside infor: "Glenn makes his deals with help from two other executives. A computer works out what to offer but he makes the final decision.

"It's a vital role - he makes the contestants agonise over decisions, and that's what makes it so popular."

Hugill 41 appeared in Coronation Street in 1996/97 as the policeman boyfriend of hairdresser Fiona Middleton, played by Angela Griffin.
The Darlington born actor and presenter is credited as a series producer on Deal Or No Deal"
Well, well, well! what a revelation Jem, thanks for that The Banker sounds a lot older than a 41 year old .... good acting I say!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 08:39 PM

Roy has just gone "Batty!".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 11:52 PM

Yes, he didn't half batter Gary didn't he. Most out of character.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:13 PM

Good luck Beth and Kirk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 10:43 PM

Please note: Some posts have been moved to the "Corrie upcoming spoilers page" and can be found here ...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...t=12410&page=6

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-04-2015, 08:34 AM

Why doesn't Steve (now he is Compos Mentis again) sell his Kit Car that has all the no expense spared work done on it, to settle his Tax Bill, and, what self respecting Drug Dealer would bother spending his days, just trying to wind David up.

Page 106 of 106 « First < 6 56 96 104 105 106

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top