Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 10:31 AM

Re: The Last Kingdom

Some series hit just the right mark depending on subject, interest of the watcher, acting and how near to the books the adaptions are.

So far little has been altered from Cornwells Saxon stories and this is no doubt why it is working so well and very watchable.

The Musketeers has been done to death by all and sundry
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Some series hit just the right mark depending on subject, interest of the watcher, acting and how near to the books the adaptions are.

So far little has been altered from Cornwells Saxon stories and this is no doubt why it is working so well and very watchable.

The Musketeers has been done to death by all and sundry
You know Solo that is exactly what I thought about The Musketeer's "Oh no not again" but I watched one episode and I was hooked once again. I would normally put it down to the lack of decent storylines in the series and movies in this day and age on tv, but I have to say the beeb did their homework on this one and the actors are excellent and the storylines are very good to,you should check it out when you have a few minutes.
It could be an age thing with me I must admit, I always like watching old stuff and listening to Capital Gold music. Seems like in todays world there just isn't the same class and standards that were about in my younger days to peak my interest.
Even the likes of Corrie/Emmeradale/Eastenders and other tv shows today cannot hold my interest.So many boring or bad actors and repeated storylines. But just what should I expect after something like Corrie and Emmerdale which have been going for so so long eventually I suppose you will run out of storylines and have to repeat old ones.
Which is why I believe there has to be a finale to each of these series and new ones replacing them. Or perhaps a mini break of some kind, to give story writers and producers time to collect new ideas.
I am waffling ain't I..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:19 AM

The last episode last night was brilliant! The fighting was so realistic! Very good acting all round. Looking forward to the next season!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The last episode last night was brilliant! The fighting was so realistic! Very good acting all round. Looking forward to the next season!

Agree Tessa. A good ending to this series which has been excellent throughout.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 04:18 PM

What a shame its now over i really enjoyed this series the best one we have had on tv for years. Thats my opinion and im sticking to it.☺
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 10:15 PM

Wonder when season two starts! I hope the Musketeers start again soon too!
I think I'm going to splash out on some dvds soon!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2015, 10:23 PM

Quite surprised to see this released as a box set so soon, so purchased and watched straight through.

So my opinions, it comprises the first two books, The Lost Kingdom and the Pale Horseman, and if your new to it it well im sure it is is fine. By and large they have been loyal to the books, and if they follow through could well be another 4 series.

Alfred, Beocca Leofric are well portrayed, as ive stated both Uhtred and Ragnar the son are a bit pretty boy compared to the books. However like his Sharpe books Cornwell keeps the battles too historical facts.

Enjoyable all the same, the Vikings series is pretty much more realistic but a lot of attention to detail has gone into this, a bit of artistic license means book fans will find room for critique with characters being omitted or changed, excellent making of features on the DVD.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

24-12-2015, 10:26 PM

...and there's beards, don't forget!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top