Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 04:58 PM

Re: 10cc

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well there had to be someone
You can usually rely on me to offer an opposing POV Patsy, all in the interests of fostering good debate of course, which is the lifeblood of a good forum, as I'm sure you already know.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
You can usually rely on me to offer an opposing POV Patsy, all in the interests of fostering good debate of course, which is the lifeblood of a good forum, as I'm sure you already know.
Didn't think there was anything to debate Malcolm
As I was giving info on a programme for 10cc fans or so I thought
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 05:03 PM

Didn't think there was anything to debate Malcolm
As I was giving info on a programme for 10cc fans or so I thought
Sorry Patsy I thought this was a forum where people offer their views and opinions to others.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 05:06 PM

Sorry Patsy I thought this was a forum where people offer their views and opinions to others.
Some threads yes - anyway you've had yer say and like I said there's no answer to your post so no debate
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 05:13 PM

i liked them ......
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Take care, Malcolm.
As I have discovered, holding an alternate view, or even playing Devil's Advocate, is very likely to get you a severe verbal flogging in this place.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

10-12-2015, 05:21 PM

Some threads yes - anyway you've had yer say and like I said there's no answer to your post so no debate
Rsp why are you debating the issue then Patsy, is it that you just like to have the last word ?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 08:23 PM

OMG the WUP's are here...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 09:03 PM

A few years ago I saw Graham Gouldman's 10cc in a free concert in Ypres, Belgium. Most of the audience weren't born when 10cc were at their peak and were too busy playing with their idiot phones. Those who appreciated the music (ie. over 50's) all migrated to the front for a bit of headbanging!

They were fantastic!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2015, 09:47 PM

I caught this documentary luckily as I was, in my younger years, a 10cc fan.

When I saw the documentary I came to realise just how "off the wall" and rather indulgent a lot of their early songs actually were. They weren't what you would call "sing a long" songs nor did they have the typical verse chorus structures but would instead suddenly burst off into completely different rhythms and pitches mid-song. I guess that's what made them stand out from the mainstream fare. Numbers like Wall Street Shuffle, I'm Mandy Fly Me and Life Is A Minestrone all very memorable but quite quirky.

It was the later songs that seemed to get more mainstream and perhaps more popular, such as The Things We Do For Love, I'm Not In Love, People In Love, Dreadlock Holiday and so on.

I always quite liked Lying Here With You from the Ten Out Of 10 album

I guess one of my minor claims to fame is that I met the whole band back in the 70s. I went to a concert in my teens and about 15 people queued up at the back of the hall where they were playing after the concert. I was really just tagging along, never met any band before and these were the days before bands would be swamped by millions of fans and need back-stage passes etc.

After about 1-2 hrs after the concert had finished we were all simply let in to go talk to the band. There were all just sat around a long table relaxing. Obviously at that age we didn't say much, we were all quite shy. As a keen guitarist I did however get a plectrum from Graham Gouldman which I still have somewhere.

A unique band with an interesting discography imo.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top