Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:19 PM

Re: Noisy Advert

I just wish someone would shoot that Gocompare fella, he goes through me brain.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Why does that guy on the Cilit Bang advert always shout so loud? I always have to turn down the volume when it comes oń
It's all to do with the sub concious - The advertising boffins have spent millions studying the reaction of the masses to various adverts. Increasing the volume has been proved to increase sales.

It's annoying and in the days of analogue TV the 'powers that be' ordered a limit on the audio modulation level, but then everything switched to digital and so far as I know an equivalent limit has never been imposed.

But you can be thankful that these ads are not really aimed at people like you (Who notice such tricks) they are primarily aimed at the millions of brain dead muppets who watch anything and everything on the box.

I always use the 'mute' button every time
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2015, 11:47 PM

I mute most of the adverts now too. I find they have become increasingly noisy and repetitive.
Another one who used to shout and drove me nuts, was that little creep who used to shout about "Safestyle Windows", he looked a bit like Keith Lemon.
Talking of Keith Lemon, he's another one I can't stand.

I liked that advert that is currently running of the tiny pony with the big horses ignoring it, but now event hat irritates me because it's overdone.
Sometimes it is on every 15 minutes for most of the night. It's far too much and completely spoils it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top