Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:19 PM

The Bridge Season 3.

The Bridge Season 3.

If anyone is interested in this Danish show, eight of a ten episode arc is up on Amazon Video to buy.

I watched the eight episodes last week and enjoyed them so much. I'm waiting for the final two to appear together to finish off.

The character developement of Saga really stepped up a few notches, it was great to see what her background was/is.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Re: The Bridge Season 3.

Sorry but I can't manage anything with sub-titles, by the time I've read the script the action has moved on elsewhere..... but now if they were to dub it then maybe.....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:51 PM

We watched the first 2 series and loved it.
But we only managed to watch the first double episode of this 3rd series!
Wasn't going to bother, but I've read it's the best one yet, maybe get the DVD and watch it next year.
Silbee
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 02:19 PM

plantman ... I can suffer similarly, I watch on my laptop so if I get caught out it's easy to go back a couple of seconds and watch again. Nothing gets easier, does it, lol

Ruthio ... I don't want to shill it up too much because it sets expectation levels but for anyone who has said it's the best one yet I wholeheartedly agree. I live for TV like this, I didn't want it to end
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 05:37 PM

Subtitles are so fast on these programmes.
I haven't seen the Bridge but my son did for half of
the first season and got fed up of watching the subtitles.

I personally watched an Italian show called Inspector Montalbano
and found it was great. Saying that, having to stay watching
the TV for either 90 mins or over without flicking your eyes
was so hard if you wanted to see what was happening.

I would recommend the series with sub-titles but you have to have
time to read it or why not dub these programmes?
Silbee

21-12-2015, 05:46 PM

I finding the more I watch programmes with subtitles the easier its getting. It's certainly a lot easier watching on my laptop than on TV.

The worse experience I've had with subtitles was in the cinema watching a film adaptation of a Jo Nesbo novel The Headhunters. I was like a nodding dog between reading what was going on and and watching the action. It's on Netflix at the moment, I may give it another go to see if I missed much, lol ...
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 05:47 PM

Watched every one. Got one and two on DVD and will look out for three. Will there be a Bridge 4, I say yes.
Silbee

22-12-2015, 12:46 AM

I hope so Ron, they'd be mad not to go for fore! : - )
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 05:32 AM

I too love this series too, the acting is so real and the actors do not spend ages staring into space
I do not mind sublitles as it is all action and not much dialogue

Danish,Swedish Dramas are brilliant
Look forward to some DVD's
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 06:07 AM

I've watched all the Scandi dramas, The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen, The Legacy...they've all been absolutely terrific, faultless.
I dunno why people make such a big deal about subtitles, I hardly notice them, often put them on and have the sound turned down.
Remember all the fuss about the sound quality of Jamaica Inn? I heard/saw every word!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top