Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:13 PM

The Sound Of Music.

The Sound Of Music-Live last night on ITV. I really enjoyed it.On the whole it was well made.Will be watching the making of it on ITV tonight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Re: The Sound Of Music.

Thought it was fabulous and all live ! Only grumble was it was so late, Grace loved it but is cranky today because she was up so late last night.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 01:57 PM

I thought it was even better than the film.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 07:25 PM

Alan, I wouldn't go that far!

I thought Tara wotsit frowned too much, and was perhaps a bit wooden (probably desperately trying hard not to mess up a live show), I couldn't sing along to the extra songs, and didn't think the children matched those from the film. Lisl looked too short.

Didn't watch the first hour as was watching something else so missed a fair bit, but stuck it till the end.

What about Katherine Kelly's shoulder blades? Goodness me, she looked in danger of cutting Xander whenever they danced together. He proved to be a good singer/actor.

Also, thought they ended it too quickly, as in Rolf backing down too easily, unlike the film, and the nuns not sabotaging the vehicles.

I probably should have watched it from the beginning.

I adored the film and don't think anything could ever match it.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 10:12 PM

It's being repeated on Wednesday afternoon, about 2.30pm I think.

OH and I enjoyed it very much
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
It's being repeated on Wednesday afternoon, about 2.30pm I think.

OH and I enjoyed it very much
That's handy to know, thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top