Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Teddy Bear night on BBC4.

Have they all gone mad on BBC4? Who’s brainwave was it to have a night of children’s programs on tonight?, starting off with ‘Play school’ and 'Andy Pandy' for toddlers, now we have “Blue Peter’ then next ‘Grange Hill’ A few flashbacks to remind us all of our childhood might be acceptable but a whole night of full episodes of children’s stuff when they’re all in bed is an insult to all adults.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 09:38 PM

Re: Teddy Bear night on BBC4.

Jem at 9pm it's about the background and the making of the programmes I think.
I'll be watching the Downton programme before an early night!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Jem at 9pm it's about the background and the making of the programmes I think.
I'll be watching the Downton programme before an early night!
I might watch that meself Ruthio, just as soon as the wife changes me nappy.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 11:50 PM

I watched Moonfleet. I read the book at school, good story
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 12:10 AM

I watched part of Downton, but Wossy's waffling gets on me nerves, so I turned over and watched John Bishop. I like him and his cheeky grin.

They did a bit he called "Mistletoe Cam," where whoever the camera stopped on in the audience had to give the person next to them a quick peck. The last couple it stopped on was lovely because the young man got down and proposed to his girlfriend on camera. Sounds naff, but it wasn't. The young girl sat there with her eyes full of tears when he knelt down, and she said "Yes" to him. Then John Bishop invited the young couple to join him and Kylie Minogue back stage after the show, for a champagne
toast to celebrate. Some of the ladies in the audience were wiping their eyes, and I must admit, it bought a lump to my throat as well, they looked so happy.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Have they all gone mad on BBC4? Who’s brainwave was it to have a night of children’s programs on tonight?, starting off with ‘Play school’ and 'Andy Pandy' for toddlers, now we have “Blue Peter’ then next ‘Grange Hill’ A few flashbacks to remind us all of our childhood might be acceptable but a whole night of full episodes of children’s stuff when they’re all in bed is an insult to all adults.
I agree wholeheartedly Jem, it was an absolute disgrace. I watch BBC4 quite a bit for the documentaries and was disgusted by last night's output aimed at three year olds....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top