Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:31 PM

Re: Brexit Give it a Break

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not bored with the discussions about leaving the EU is the most important and exciting thing to happen to this country in years .

I do find certain posts on the subject by those with a visible chip on their shoulders boring but I can quickly discount and skim over their contributions
100% yet again.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:37 PM

The reason that there has been so much discussion about Brexit is that the Remainers would not accept a democratic decision, and have done everything they can think of to delay and subvert it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
The reason that there has been so much discussion about Brexit is that the Remainers would not accept a democratic decision, and have done everything they can think of to delay and subvert it
That is exactly why people everywhere who believe we should get out of the EU should keep the interest in the subject going.

We don't want anyone anywhere thinking we have gone off the idea and it can be shelved somewhere
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That is exactly why people everywhere who believe we should get out of the EU should keep the interest in the subject going.

We don't want anyone anywhere thinking we have gone off the idea and it can be shelved somewhere
Exactly. We need to keep the discussion going and keep it lively for that very reason. Newspapers like the Mail and the Express (especially the Express) are doing a stirling job in keeping people aware of developments.

Others, like the Grauniad, are flogging a dead horse in my opinion: I have yet to read of any concrete reasons why we should stay in the EU, only warnings and scare stories.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree, Aysa, as this is a forum, and in a forum many people learn about, and are updated, on what the current thinking is.

Nobody is forced to read the posts

If you are bored with something, don't read it!

Others will differ.
Works for me Ted .....there are always others that will disagree or differ thats life!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 09:40 AM

Face book brings things you posted over the years.

This came to day as a reminder of something I posted in 2014.

My England
Goodbye to my England, So long my old friend
Your days are numbered, being brought to an end
To be Scottish, Irish or Welsh that's fine
But don't say you're English, that's way out of line.

The French and the Germans may call themselves such
So may Norwegians, the Swedes and the Dutch
You can say you are Russian or maybe a Dane
But don't say you're English ever again.

At Broadcasting House the word is taboo
In Brussels it's scrapped, in Parliament too
Even schools are affected. Staff do as they're told
They must not teach children about England of old.

Writers like Shakespeare, Milton and Shaw
The pupils don't learn about them anymore
How about Agincourt, Hastings , Arnhem or Mons ?
When England lost hosts of her very brave sons.

We are not Europeans, how can we be?
Europe is miles away, over the sea
We're the English from England, let's all be proud
Stand up and be counted - Shout it out loud!

Let's tell our Government and Brussels too
We're proud of our heritage and the Red, White and Blue
Fly the flag of Saint George.
Let the world know -

WE WANT OUR ENGLAND BACK !!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2017, 11:32 AM

It's sad, isn't it?

For centuries, English people have been proud of their country and heritage and recently, for some reason, the do-gooder fraternity believe that this is not a good thing and, consequently, we find ourselves being discouraged from having any pride in our country.

I've said this many times, but I'd find it very interesting in, say a hundred years, to read what historians think about what is currently going on in this country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-01-2017, 10:45 AM

Another attack from the Frogs:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...P&utm_campaign

Take a look at our reaction: the majority of readers' comments!
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 11:10 AM

Has it ever occurred to you that many of us are bored to death by the jingoistic repetitive mention of how wonderful the New Jerusalem will be?

I am frankly astonished at those who say they have voted so now they aren't interested anymore..;as if nothing that is decided in negotiations matter..they will take anything going.

I am also disappointed at the constantly triumphal tone that some take...nearly half the country voted to stay in the EU. A majority and a tiny one at that doesn't mean the decision was the right one. That remains to be seen and I would think everyone would want to discuss the outcome.
The issue is not over by any means...it hasn't even really begun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->

I am frankly astonished at those who say they have voted so now they aren't interested anymore.
You misunderstand. We are bored with the question of whether we should leave or not. We ARE leaving. End of.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top